become an editor
the entire directory
only in Assembly/MIX-MMIX
Computers: Hardware: Components: Processors: CISC
Computers: Hardware: Components: Processors: DLX
Computers: Hardware: Components: Processors: RISC
Computers: Programming: Languages: Education
Computers: Programming: Methodologies: Literate Programming
MMIX 2009: A RISC Computer for the Third Millennium
- Donald E. Knuth's new 64-bit processor for the new volumes of his landmark series 'The Art of Computer Programming'. MIX has become more than only a book example, so MMIX should too. Description, news.
- Uses BFiles for 18 of 20 MIX I/O devices, each MIX I/O instruction spawns a Be thread to do operation while MIX keeps computing. Has MIX Go button, unlike some MIX emulators, coded in C++.
Dan's MIX Simulator and MIXAL Compiler
Expandable MIX Emulator: EMIX
- For Windows 9x-Me/NT-2000-XP, needs 16 Mb RAM, 500 Kb HD space, coded in C/C++ Builder.
- MIX Development Kit, emulates MIX, MIXAL; with compiler, virtual machine, GUI, Guile interpreter, Emacs mode, Elisp program to run programs in Emacs window.
- Growing article, with links to related topics. [Wikipedia]
MIX Simulator and Assembler
- MIX/MIXAL in C with Lex and CWEB documentation, in full Literate Programming style.
- Eric Raymond's MIX Assembler and interpreter; downloads: readme, source tarball, HTML rendering.
- MIXAL compiler for Microsoft .NET framework. Emits .NET executable files. Source code is C#. Public Domain.
- Site for volunteers converting all programs in The Art of Computer Programming (TAOCP), Volumes 1-3, from old processor MIX, to newer MMIX: news, FAQ, mail lists, volunteer list and directions, links.
Status of the GNU MMIX Tools
- GCC port of MMIX with tools, instructions to install, downloads, several links.
Virtual Hardware for MMIX
- Brief satiric article, seemingly from 2009 Scientific American; some downloads: True Color MMIX display for X11, MMIXX Distribution, screenshots; links.
MMIXware: A RISC Computer for the Third Millennium
- By Donald E. Knuth, editor; Springer-Verlag, 1999, ISBN 978-3-540-66938-8. Book on MIX replacement MMIX, all example programs written in CWEB; full text online. (January 01, 1999)
Usenet alt.lang.asm -
Usenet comp.arch -
Usenet comp.lang.asm -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 12, 2015 at 6:23:17 UTC -