become an editor
the entire directory
only in Languages/Algol_68
Open Directory - Computers: Programming: Languages: Algol 68
Computers: Programming: Languages: Compiled: Procedural
Computers: Programming: Languages: Garbage Collected: Procedural
Computers: Programming: Languages: Procedural
99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall
- Algol 68 version.
- EMX and Linux ports of A68ToC, the MC Revised ALGOL 68 Test Set, early version of OCCL compiler, other Algol 68 related items.
- Growing article, with links to many related topics. [Wikipedia]
Algol 68 Compiler
- By Aristotelis Tsirigos; designed, implemented for compiler course at NYU, goal: compiler for a subset of Algol 68 that is able to bootstrap.
Algol 68 Genie
- Algol68G is a well featured Algol 68 implementation (interpreter) for Linux, BSD, and MacOS. Author: Marcel van der Veer. [Open source, GPL]
Algol 68 to C
- Portable translator to allow compiling Algol 68 code, and some example Algol 68 programs in the same directory.
The Algol Bulletin
- The historical IFIP WG2.1 series of Algol Bulletins. [Required ACM Web account]
- A synopsis of the features of Algol 68.
Charles Lindsey's Home Page
- Algol 68S compilers for Sun3, Sun Sparc, Atari ST and Acorn Archimedes.
A comparison of PASCAL and ALGOL 68
- Abstract and text in TIFF form from The Computer Journal, Volume 21, Issue 4, pp. 316-323.
Computer Engineering by Gordon Bell et al.
- A brief description of ALGOL 68 System implemented on Cm*.
An Experimental Testbed for Numerical Software, part 2: ALGOL 68
- By M.A. Hennell, D, Hedley; The Computer Journal, Volume 22, Issue 1, pp. 53-56. Abstract and text in PDF format.
Historic Documents in Computer Science
- Has scans of many Algol 68 documents including the RRE Algol 68R 'Green Book.'
A History of ALGOL 68
- By C.H. Lindsey; ACM Digital Library, 1993, ISSN 0362-1340. Abstract of article from the Second ACM SIGPLAN Conference on History of Programming Languages, 1993. Full text for ACM members only.
IFIP Working Group 2.1
- The WG that developed the Algol languages.
Index of /pub/dick/Algol68
- Dick Grune's Algol 68 directory with test sets, transput, and a Snobol interpreter.
An Introduction To Algol 68
- The second ACM SIGPLAN conference on History of programming languages.
- There is an Algol 68 interpreter for DOS and Linux here.
Marc's Programming Projects
- Unfinished project to write Algol 68 compiler; source code provided in CWEBx.
Practical experience with ALGOL 68-RT
- Abstract and text in PDF form from The Computer Journal, Volume 22, Issue 2, pp. 114-118.
Programming denotational semantics II
- using Algol 68. Abstract and text in PDF form from The Computer Journal, Volume 28, Issue 5, pp. 480-486.
The Use of ALGOL 68 for Trees
- By H.D. Baecker; The Computer Journal, Volume 13, Issue 1, pp. 25-27. Abstract and text in PDF format.
- A. vanWijngaarden's MR76 paper on the orthogonal design of a language from 1965, which was the starting point of Algol 68. [PDF]
Usenet comp.lang.misc -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 11, 2012 at 5:15:02 UTC -