become an editor
the entire directory
only in Programming/History
Computers: Programming: Languages: Comparison and Review
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: History
Computer Languages History
- Timeline chart, 1954 to today, printable; links to homes of many languages.
Diagram of Languages
- Two diagrams showing how many languages are related to each other.
Historic Documents in Computer Science
- Original, historic first documents for many early programming languages, like language manualsa, scanned and converted to PDF form.
History and Comparison of Programming Languages
- Papers on use history of: comments, labels, literals, parentheses.
O'Reilly: The History of Programming Languages
- A poster plots over 50 programming languages on a multi-layered, color-coded timeline.
The Retrocomputing Museum
- Dedicated to programs that induce sensations that hover somewhere between nostalgia and nausea. The freaks, jokes, and fossils of computing history.
- An encyclopedia description of PL/I history with many links to programming terms.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 6, 2015 at 16:15:18 UTC -