become an editor
the entire directory
only in Graphics/Algorithms_and_Data_Structures
Algorithms and Data Structures
Computers: Artificial Intelligence: Vision
Computers: Computer Science: Computer Graphics
Science: Math: Geometry: Computational Geometry
3D Object Intersection
- A grid of intersection routines for various popular objects, pointing to resources in books and on the web.
Andrew's Autostereogram Pages
- A detailed development of a stereogram-generation algorithm is presented, complete with a ready-to-run Windows program to download and experiment with.
Andrija Radovic´'s Algorithms
- Several unique algorithms for fast and optimal computations with integer numbers and graphics suitable for hardware implementation: dividing, square rooting, line drawing, ellipse drawing, Haiku plot routine.
- Introduction to cubic and quadratic Bezier curves.
Chris Bregler's home page
- Research and recent papers on video-based capture of human movements. The main applications are feature animation, video games, and analyzing Movement Disorder
comp.graphics.algorithms Frequently Asked Questions
- Basic computations frequently needed in graphics.
Fast Line Drawing Algorithms by Po-Han Lin
- Contains sources for graphical algorithms to draw lines. Included are the popular Bresenham algorithm, the Wu's Symmetric Double-Step, and the fastest non-cpu dependent algorithm, the Extremely Fast Line Algorithm (EFLA).
Graphics Gems Repository
- The official site for source code, errata, and addenda to the Graphics Gems book series.
Hardware Perlin Noise Demonstration
- Article by Paul R. Dunn. Describes a fast way to generate perlin noise by using 3D texture blending hardware.
- Several articles on real-time graphics rendering.
Hugues Hoppe's Homepage
- A collection of research graphics articles.
- The research of Ray Tracing accelerated by modern Graphics Hardware (GPU).
An Interactive Introduction to Splines
- Bezier, B-spline, NURBS, and many other spline curves and surfaces with interactive 2D Java applets and VRML.
- A new linear best quality and fast algorithm of raster image scaling.
- Very basic grey page with some useful links on map projection.
Map Projection Overview
- Everything you always wanted to know about map projections, and then some.
Medical Articles Records GroundTruth
- This site contains ground truth data for biomedical images to help develop algorithms to automatically extract information from the printed page. There is also a visual tool and analysis tool called Rover to aid researchers with their algorithms.
Modeling Sprite Animation Using Finite State Automata
- Article by Diana Gruber on how to model sprite animation in a computer game.
- Algorithm allows accurate encoding and decoding of 1786 levels of grey within a 24-bit image; text overview, sample images, and a Java test program can be found at this site.
Publications by Loic Barthe
- Comprehensive list of publications by L. Barthe on modelling from sketching, point based modelling, subdivision surfaces and implicit modelling.
Ray Tracing News
- An infrequent newsletter on ray tracing and general computer-graphics research and resources.
Ray Tracing News Index
- Hand-built topic index to some of the articles.
Real-time Optimally Adapting Meshes (ROAM)
- A paper describing a method for continuously maintaining view-dependent triangular meshes to achieve desired frame rates.
Shadow Generation Algorithms
- This page gives a link to a (compressed postscript) paper on a shadow generation algorithm.
- Survey of non-photorealistic rendering (NPR) for computer graphics and animation: painterly rendering, toon shading, painterly image processing, and simulation of traditional artistic media.
University of Florida Surflab
- Research in geometric modeling and its application to areas such as Rapid design of complex geometry, 3D Graphics, Scientific Visualization
VDSlib: A View-Dependent Simplification Package
- Public domain package for view-dependent simplification and rendering of polygonal environments.
- Trilinear displacement mapping and depth addaptive tessellation with DX8. Terrain rendering example provided
Texture Mapping as a Fundamental Drawing Primitive
- Article by Paul Haeberli and Mark Segal. Survey of applications of texture mapping including simple texture mapping, projective textures, and image warping; description of texture mapping techniques for drawing anti-aliased lines, air-brushes, and anti-aliased text; and show of how texture mapping may be used as a fundamental graphics primitive for volume rendering, environment mapping, color interpolation, and contouring. (June 01, 1993)
Usenet comp.graphics.algorithms -
Algorithms and Data Structures
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 20, 2014 at 5:24:07 UTC -