the entire directory
only in Programming/Games
Open Directory - Computers: Programming: Games
Development Tools and Software
QBasic and QuickBasic
Computers: Programming: Graphics
Games: Video Games
This category in other languages:
Game Developer Magazine
- A monthly publication that delivers technical, how-to articles
- News, tutorials, sample code, links related to 3D graphics and game development.
Amit's Game Programming Information
- Descriptions of algorithms for artificial intelligence, path finding, game design, objects, hexagonal tiles, threads, and text games.
C# Game Dev
- A set of computer RPG programming tutorials using C# and DirectX. Regular articles on the creation of roleplaying games. Topics including Lua scripting, NPCs, maps.
- AD Snooker and Briskola games with C++ sources.
- A game development site that provides articles, 3D engines database, a wiki, daily news updates, and a discussion forum.
East Coast Games
- Dedicated to training new programmers and to making great games, tutorials on C/C++, Java and DirectX, several games written for Windows (Freeware).
- Articles, coding techniques, and interviews relating to Game programming.
- Algorithms, source code and references.
The Game Programming Wiki
- Game programming tutorials and source code.
- Over one hundred tutorials in C/C++ for the beginning programmer.
- Featuring a huge reference library and weekly interviews of professionals inside the industry. Participate in a public game development project.
- Game development discussion forum.
- Game and graphics programming articles of interest to game programmers with all levels of experience.
- Contains tutorials about game development featuring OpenGL, Direct3D and Win32 SDK programming.
Games Creation Resources
- Game creation programs for non-programmers.
- Materials from, and links to resources related to, the Siggraph 2000 course "Games Research: the Science of Interactive Entertainment"
- Game programming, online games, cheats, tutorials, references, Direct X, C/C++, and Java.
- An online game development community and resource center, keeping independent and professional developers connected to their peers, the industry and cutting edge information, tools and code.
- Downloads for game programming, along with some Java, Linux, DOS and Windows games.
- A tool to make games and multimedia applications.
- A .NET game development community site with technical articles, tutorials and code snippets, focusing on game creation with the Microsoft XNA framework.
- Source code, tips, and tricks.
PC Game Programming Explorer
- Book by Dave Roberts that takes readers inside the world of PC game programming and reveals the essential techniques to make game programming easy and fun.
The Playground Project
- Building computer environments for 4-8 year-olds to play, design, and create games. A playground is a place to play with rules not just by them.
Reprints of Works by Diana Gruber
- Articles and book chapters by Diana Gruber on the subject of game design and programming.
Rise Game Development Home Page
- Tutorials on games and QBasic along with developer tools downloads.
- Aimed mainly at the new games programmer. It contains notes and answers to common questions with examples in C++ and DirectX. Resources. T2, a free terrain texture generation tool.
Web Game Builder
- Free resource for anyone wishing to write online games. Offering tutorials, forums and linking to member games.
- Free tools and source code and an offer to sign up new developers for joint ventures for a general pooling of resources.
- An extensible, distributed system for game development, consisting of an abstract game client, and a game server to which players connect to play games against other players or alone.
Usenet alt.games.programming -
Usenet comp.games.development.programming.algorithms -
Usenet comp.games.development.programming.misc -
Usenet rec.games.programmer -
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, December 3, 2013 8:15:04 AM EST -