become an editor
the entire directory
only in ADO.NET/Articles
Computers: Programming: Component Frameworks: NET: Articles
.NET Data Access Architecture Guide
- The information in this article covers the data access objects including the DataSet and DataAdapter classes in ADO.NET. (Outdated Content)
- A brief overview of ADO.NET with a description of the technical terms associated with the data access technology.
ADO.NET's Primary Objects
- Overview of the seven main objects in the ADO.NET data-access architecture. By Michael Otey, SQL Server Magazine.
ADO.NET: Building a Custom Data Provider for Use with the .NET Data Access Framework
- An article by Bob Beauchemin that explains how to write your own data provider using .NET's data access interfaces and base classes
ADO.NET: Tackle Data Concurrency Exceptions Using the DataSet Object
- This article examines the common causes behind data concurrency exceptions and presents techniques for overcoming them using ADO.NET
Best Practices for Using ADO.NET
- Best practices for writing Microsoft ADO.NET code and suggestions for developers on using the objects available in ADO.NET.
Data Access: Implement a Data Access Layer for Your App with ADO.NET
- This article outlines five ideas to consider when building a data access layer with Visual Studio .NET and the .NET Framework.
Data Points: Expressions in ADO.NET
- Shows how to use expressions in columns. In other words, how to make a column with a result that is dependent on other columns.
Designing Data Tier Components and Passing Data Through Tiers
- Learn how to best expose your data to Microsoft .NET applications and how to implement an effective strategy for passing data between the tiers in a distributed application.
Introduction to ADO.NET
- A descriptive introduction to ADO.NET
Managing an @@IDENTITY Crisis
- Discusses a strategy for returning newly created Identity values after the INSERT is executed. This applies to SQL Server and ADO.NET
O'Reilly Network: Multiple ResultSets in ADO.NET [Dec. 16, 2002]
- An article that shows how to get multiple results from a database to DataSets and DataReaders
O'Reilly Network: Transparent Database Access with ADO.NET [Dec. 16, 2002]
- An article that shows how to use ADO.NET's different providers and transparently use it in your application without having to know the specifics of each provider.
A Practical Comparison of ADO and ADO.NET
- An informational comparison between ASP.NET and ASP which highlights the advantages and differences between the two. Article by Joe O'Donnell.
Reading Data Reader Secrets
- MSDN Online Voices Diving Into Data Access column on reading data readers secrets.
- This article describes how to run local and distributed transactions in your Microsoft .NET applications.
- Discusses using ADO.NET Connection object, other ADO.NET objects, and provides examples. A 41-page article by Paul D. Sheriff of PDSA, Inc.
Weaning Developers from the CommandBuilder
- Examines the drawbacks of the ADO.NET CommandBuilder, and shows how to use the Visual Studio .NET DataAdapter Configuration Wizard (DACW) to write your own Command queries.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 12, 2014 at 12:46:38 UTC -