become an editor
the entire directory
only in NET/Articles
Computers: Programming: Component Frameworks: Articles
Computers: Programming: Component Frameworks: NET: Resources
.NET: Type Fundamentals
- Discusses type fundamentals. Starts off by introducing primitive types and then quickly moves on to reference types and value types. By Jeffrey Richter, MSDN Magazine.
The Advanced C#/.NET Tutorial by Gopalan Suresh Raj
- Includes a tutorial on advanced C#/.NET topics like .NET Remoting and Channels, Reflection and Dynamic Method Invocation, Asynchronous Message Queuing using the .NET and COM+ Services, how to make HTTP GET and POST requests on Web Page using ASP+, C# and .NET.
Avoiding DLL Hell: Introducing Application Metadata in the Microsoft .NET Framework
- Describes the use of metadata for easy linking and loading of assemblies, the relationship between metadata and concepts such as IDL and type libraries, and the metadata hierarchy. By Matt Pietrek, MSDN Magazine.
Microsoft .NET vs. J2EE: How Do They Stack Up?
- A high-level comparison of the two platforms. By Jim Farley, O'Reilly.
Securing Managed Assemblies with Native Exe Interoperability
- This article describes a simple yet elegant way of securing managed assemblies from easy disassembly by using the powerful interoperability features of .Net.
Simplifying Deployment and Solving DLL Hell with the .NET Framework
- Introduces the concept of an assembly and describes how the .NET Framework uses assemblies to solve versioning and deployment problems. By Steven Pratschner, Microsoft.
Using Resources in Visual Studio .NET
- Visual Studio .NET has poor support for managing project resources such as bitmaps and icons. This is a short tutorial that explains the VS.NET resource management model, points you to a useful tool for editing resources, and provides example code for loading resources at run-time. By Dejan Jelovic.
Viewpoint - Microsoft's .NET Strategy
- Overview and commentary on .NET and C# initiatives. By Gopalan Suresh Raj.
Doing .NET In Internet Time
- Pioneers are testing Microsoft's new architecture, even as components are being released. By Don Kiely. (December 04, 2000)
Microsoft Announces Availability of Visual Studio.NET And .NET Framework Beta 1; Submits C# to ECMA
- Announces public availability and standardization of tools and platform for building Web services. (November 13, 2000)
Welcome to the .NET Channel
- Columnist Paul Thurrott kicks off the Windows 2000 Magazine Network's .NET Channel. (November 08, 2000)
Microsoft's .NET Impact
- Exploiting Microsoft's enterprise application strategy, .NET, should prove a dream for IT managers. The pre-beta version is inherently scalable and easy to build and deploy, saving valuable time and resources. By Tom Yager, InfoWorld Test Center. (September 04, 2000)
Microsoft Goes Bonkers
- Microsoft's latest announcement, called Microsoft .NET, while touted by the likes of Fortune Magazine as a huge "revolution", is really nothing but vaporware. By Joel Spolsky. (July 22, 2000)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 22, 2014 at 7:15:04 UTC -