become an editor
the entire directory
only in Compilers/GNU_Compiler_Collection
GNU Compiler Collection
Computers: Programming: Languages: Ada: Compilers
Computers: Programming: Languages: C++: Compilers
Computers: Programming: Languages: C: Compilers
Computers: Programming: Languages: Fortran: Compilers
Computers: Programming: Languages: Java: Development Tools: Translators
Computers: Programming: Languages: Objective-C: Compilers and Environments
Computers: Programming: Languages: Pascal: Compilers
GCC: GNU Compiler Collection
- Developed by GNU project as free compiler for GNU system. Front ends: C, C++, Objective-C, Fortran, Java, Ada; libraries for libstdc++, and libgcj. Mission, mail lists, timeline, contributors, committee, instructions, manual, FAQ, downloads, plans, bug reports. [Open Source, GPL]
Building and Testing gcc/glibc cross toolchains
- Script to automatically download, patch, build, and test binutils, gcc, and glibc cross-toolchains.
D Front End for GCC
- For GCC 3.3.x, 3.4.x versions supporting FreeBSD, Linux, Mac OS X, Cygwin. Description, build instructions, downloads, links, contact. [Open source]
- Optimizer for gcc generated x86 code. Lists results of optimizations, compares performance of the optimizer-generated code with performance of the code generated by gcc and icc x86 compilers.
- A gcc wrapper that speeds compilation by transparently distributing work across several machines. [Open source, GPL]
EGCS: Experimental GNU Compiler System
- Project fused work on GNU C, C++, Objective-C, Ada, Fortran compilers, and libc++, to speed up work to improve GCC. In April 1999 was merged into general GCC effort under control of GCC steering committee. Descriptions, a few links.
GCC & GNU Toolchain Developers' Summit
- Brings together the core development team of the GNU Compiler Collection with those working on the other toolchain components to discuss the state of the art.
GCC XML Node Introspector Project
- Project to create an XML interface to the GCC AST tree_nodes and store in Postgres Database.
- A written in Ada95 GCC front-end. It is a VHDL simulator and implements nearly all VHDL87 and some features of VHDL93.
GNU C Compiler Internals Wikibook
- This is a wikibook describing internals of GNU C Compiler Collection. A number of authors have contributed to it.
GNU Objective-C runtime features
- Some notes about garbage collection and type information strings in the GNU Objective-C runtime (2.95.3 GCC version).
GNUDE: GNU Development Environment
- Suite of GNU C/C++, Fortran, Java cross compilers, and Insight/GDB debugger hosted on Windows NT/2K/XP for embedded ARM7/9, XScale CPU program development. Assembler, compilers, linker, header files, STL, libraries, documents.
An Introduction to GCC
- A printed tutorial for new users of GCC, published under the GNU Free Documentation License.
Making and using libraries
- Guide work with libraries (.a files) in g++.
Migrating to gcc-3.4
- A collection of migration guides to help programmers updating their code to be gcc-3.4 compatible.
MinGW: Minimalist GNU for Windows
- Compiler system uses GCC to produce Windows programs. Win32 ports of GCC, GDB, binutils to build native Win32 programs that rely on no 3rd party DLLs.
- An open source SystemC front-end. It relies on GCC to parse the C++, and on the SystemC library itself to extract the architecture of the platform to analyze.
PL/1 for GCC
- A PL/1 front-end for GNU Compiler Collection. It based on the syntax from IBM OS PL/I Version 2.
- IDE for DJGPP and other GCC-based systems, by Robert Hoehne, Salvador Eduardo Tropea. Runs on DOS, Linux, looks like old Borland DOS IDE. Has project management, frontend to GCC C/C++, syntax highlighting, integrated debugger. [Open Source, GPL]
Writing a GCC Front End
- By Tom Tromey. This article provides a tour of how you would go about connecting your own compiler front end to GCC. (April 06, 2005)
Optimization in GCC
- By M. Tim Jones. Here's what the O options mean in GCC, why some optimizations aren't optimal after all and how you can make specialized optimization choices for your application. [Linux Journal] (January 26, 2005)
LWN: GCC gets a new Optimizer Framework
- Artciel by Steven Bosscher and Diego Novillo. The first bits a major compiler internals overhaul have been merged into the development mainline of the GNU Compiler Collection (GCC) for inclusion in the next release. (May 12, 2004)
- How much faster can GCC compile a Linux kernel if GCC is optimized? Doing the compiler alone ups speed 33%. Description, benchmark times. [Linux Gazette] (March 01, 2003)
GCC Myths and Facts
- Optimizing GCC mostly for x86 CPU and C/C++, but parts can apply to all supported CPUs and languages. Many useful forum comments. [Freecode] (February 15, 2003)
Usenet comp.compilers -
Usenet gnu.gcc -
Usenet gnu.gcc.help -
GNU Compiler Collection
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 20, 2014 at 18:15:10 UTC -