become an editor
the entire directory
only in Software/Games
Open Directory - Computers: Open Source: Software: Games
Driving and Racing
Computers: Programming: Games
Games: Video Games
- CSPoker is a lightweight poker client/server. Client implementations in Java and Flash. XML-based API. (Java) [GPLv2]
Danger from the Deep
- Danger from the deep (aka dangerdeep) is a Free / Open Source World War II German submarine simulation. [Linux / Windows] (C++)
- Deliantra is a free software, multiplayer RPG and adventure game, much similar in style to nethack and moria. It is fully graphical and runs in realtime and set in a medieval environment. (GPL) [GNU/Linux,Mac OS X, Windows]
- A puzzle game based on oxyd. Runs on Windows, OS X, and most open source operating systems. (C++) [GPL]
- A massive multiplayer space trading and combat game for Linux. [GPL]
Final Frontier Trader
- 2D single player space strategy, combat, and trading game. (C++) [OS Independent]
Flight Gear Flight Simulator
- The FlightGear flight simulator project is an open-source, multi-platform, cooperative flight simulator development project. Source code for the entire project is available. (OpenGL)[OS Independent]
- Open source games weblog and list.
- FreedroidRPG is an open source isometric role playing game. Clone of the classic game "Paradroid". (C, Python) [MacOS, Windows 95/98/2000, Linux]
Frets on Fire
- The player has to strike the correct colored squares at the appropriate time during the songs to produce sounds. The objective of this game inspired by Guitar Hero is to finish a song and score the biggest amount of points possible. (Python) [Cross-platform]
- Chess engine including artificial intelligence, user interface and several features.
- A 2D real-time multiplayer tank battling game. (C++) [Windows 9X/2000/XP, Linux]
- 8-ball pool for Linux with customizable physics.
- Developer of the open source HAWK game engine, and the OpenNL portable networking library for Windows.
Holtz - Zertz and Dvonn board games
- Holtz is a GPL implementation of the abstract strategy board games Zèrtz and Dvonn from the GIPF project. (C++) [Linux, Windows] [GPLv2]
Hot Potato Online
- This game is a fast paced arena sport where players try to explode the opposition using a short-fused potato bomb.
- irrlamb is a 3D game that probably involves a lot of physics and frustrating gameplay. (C++) [Linux, Windows] [GPL2]
- Free quiz game based on the "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" game show. Add your own questions for classroom use or for fun. [Java, OS Independent, GPL]
- 2D shoot'em up made with Allegro. (C) [GNU/Linux, Windows, DOS]
- The encyclopedia of free (as in freedom) games with free content.
- A free software project for playing, solving, and generating Sudoku games. (Java) [OS Independent]
Open Game Source
- A web magazine devoted to open source game development.
- OpenLieroX is the open source clone of the famous Liero (the realtime Worms) game.
Playing the Open Source Game
- Shawn Hargreaves has several Open Source projects and interesting articles about the future of Open Source games.
- A bnetd based gaming network server emulation project that supports battle.net games. Includes a wiki, a list of live servers and a support forum.
Small Apps and Games
- Small apps and games developments.
- Open-source Tetris implementation.
- Colonize Europe in this Java based, open source game. Live an adventure in the 12th century world.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 2:15:04 AM EDT -