become an editor
the entire directory
only in Editors/Emacs
Using with ClearCase
Using with Haskell
Computers: History: Pioneers: Stallman, Richard
This category in other languages:
The Emacs Wiki
- A collection of the knowledge of the Emacs community to serve as a source of answers for all kind of questions concerning Emacs.
- Official Free Software Foundation page for the extensible, customizable, self-documenting real-time display editor.
The Craft of Text Editing, or Emacs for the Modern World
- The full text of the book "The Craft of Text Editing: Emacs for the Modern World" by Craig Finseth, last published in 1991 by Springer-Verlag.
Design of the Emacs Logo
- An interesting behind-the-scenes look at the design and creation of the Emacs 21 logo.
- EMacro is portable .emacs for GNU Emacs and XEmacs that configures itself. Beside download links to SourceForge, installation docs, solutions for special problems concerning configuration and tips and tricks the site provides a huge list of additional Emacs resources.
Emacs Beginner's HowTo
- A set of documents that introduce Linux users to the Emacs editor. They assume minimal familiarity with vi or a similar editor.
Emacs for Vi users
- Equivalent commands in Emacs for commands in Vi.
Emacs Implementations and Literature
- This document provides a partial list of implementations of Emacs-type editors and literature about such editors.
Emacs on OS/2 Help
- A general help for installing Emacs on OS/2.
EMACS: The Extensible, Customizable Display Editor
- Stallman's paper on the original (TECO) Emacs. What it means to be extensible. Why lisp is good for implementing extensible systems.
Emacspeak -The Complete Audio Desktop
- Offers a reference, an user guide, instructions how to install, tips and tricks, a list of supported speech-enabled applications and a download page.
Emacspeak Mailing List Archive
- An archive containing all the messages sent to the emacspeak mailing list by emacspeak users.
GNU Emacs Manual
- Official Emacs manual from the Free Software Foundation.
Jari Aalto's Emacs Page
- A collection of information about Emacs providing links to Emacs related papers, Emacs lisp developer sites, notes about emacs debugging, package pointers and installation tips.
- JEmacs is a re-implementation of Emacs, written in a mixture of Java, Scheme, and Emacs Lisp.
Multics Emacs: The History, Design and Implementation
- Learn about the first emacs implementation to use lisp. Bernard Greenberg's vast, unpublished 1979 "Mother of All Multics Emacs papers" (a meta-paper from which all others were ultimately excerpted) contains lots of implementation detail.
Savannah: Project Info - emacs
- The GNU Emacs project homepage at Savannah.
The very unofficial Dotemacs Home
- Information about customizing Emacs and a collection of local and linked dotfiles.
Usenet alt.religion.emacs -
Usenet comp.emacs -
Usenet fr.comp.applications.emacs -
Usenet gnu.emacs.announce -
Usenet gnu.emacs.bug -
Usenet gnu.emacs.help -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 1, 2015 at 6:45:03 UTC -