become an editor
the entire directory
only in Software/Editors
Computers: Software: Editors
Computers: Software: Word Processors
- A programmer's editor, written entirely in Ruby and thus easy to extend with Ruby customizations. Summary of the features, developers weblog, information about the development and download and installation instructions.
- A programmer's HTML editor written using GTK, designed to save the experienced webmaster some keystrokes. (C) [GNU/Linux, Unix]
BVI - Binary Visual editor
- The bvi editor is a display-oriented editor for binary files, based on the vi text editor.
- Open source portable text editor written in C# with support for FTP, text encryption and syntax highlighting.
- A folding text editor that allows to structure source code using folders. [Win32/Linux]
- CSS editor featuring auto completion, syntax highlighting and syntax validation. (C, C++) [Linux]
- A free open source text editor for the Linux platform. The source code is available for download. The site also provides some information on how to develop an editor in the Linux console environment using the ncurses library.
- Tcl and tix based editor.
- Project information, previews, documentation, downloads and a plugins section for the multi-platform editor written in Python.
Feed Launch .NET
- Graphical RSS and ATOM feed editor. [GPL].
- An ascii text editor, primarily for programmers.
FTE Text Editor
- A folding text editor for programmers.
- Lightweight but powerful text editor of the GNOME project.
- An HTML/text editor using GTK+ and/or GNOME.
- Clone of the Pico text editor with some enhancements. Available for Linux and DOS.
- Editor for extensible, structured and WYSIWYG technical documents, which was both inspired by TeX and GNU Emacs. The site provides documentation, source and binary packages, a feedback section and additional links.
The Hessling Editor (THE)
- Editor based on the VM/CMS editor XEDIT, using REXX as its macro language. Available for UNIX (including Linux) as text and X11 variants, OS/2, Windows, BeOS, QNX and Amiga.
The JED Editor Page
- Text editor for Unix, VMS, MSDOS, OS/2, BeOS, QNX, and Win9X/NT platforms. A macro language and modes for different editing tasks are available.
Jed modes and scripts
- Some scripts for customising and enhancing the JED editor using the SLang scripting capabilities.
- A text editor for KDE inspired by the popular Editor UltraEdit.
LDE - The Linux Disk Editor
- Disk editor for Linux, originally written to help recover deleted files. It has a simple ncurses interface that resembles an old version of Norton Disk Edit for DOS.
NE, the Nice Editor
- An editor with a small footprint, featuring extended regular expression search and replace a la emacs and vi and editing of binary files.
- GUI-style plain-text editor for X-Windows systems. Features include syntax highlighting and C-style macro language.
- A large collection of macros for use with the NEdit text editor.
NEdit Support Page
- Package to port NEdit on Windows and a package of NEdit macros to edit LaTeX files.
- HTML Editor for GTK+/GNOME. It supports most of basic HTML. It features session management and preview using the GtkHTML widget.
- A cross-platform gettext catalogs (.po files) editor. It aims to provide more convenient approach to editing catalogs than launching vi and editing the file by hand.
- Windows programming editor with an integrated Hex viewer/editor.
- A text editor written in TCL/Tk, meant to be platform-independend while still using the host systems available features.
Scintilla and SciTE
- Download, screenshots and documentation of a free source code editing component for Win32 and GTK and an editor based on this component.
- Text mode editor to supersede Borlands BC++ editor with a number of enhancements. Available for DOS and Linux.
- Easy to use hex editor written for Unix/Linux using ncurses, with a friendly pico-style interface.
TEA for Linux
- A Linux text editor (based on the GTK+ library) with functions and features for HTML and LaTeX authoring. The site offers downloads, and a history of the editor.
- A free text editor that trys to address some of Notepad's limitations without getting too big. It is written in Delphi 5 using the TSynEdit components.
- A cross-platform outline editor written in Tcl/Tk.
- Has all the features of traditional Unix vi, plus the friendly and helpful Vigor paperclip assistant.
- Resources, tips and news for the Vim community.
- A text editor for X-window (UNIX only) , with a built-in C/C++/Java code browser and a C interpreter. Beside a screenshots and a features sections there is a download area and a page with instructions to build from the source.
Zile is Lossy Emacs
- An Emacs clone useful for small footprint installations (like on floppy disk) or quick editing sessions. Available are a description of the features, information about how to get Zile, links to the documentation and screenshots.
Usenet comp.editors -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 23, 2013 at 12:28:21 UTC -