the entire directory
only in Open_Source/Software
Open Directory - Computers: Open Source: Software
Music and Audio
Computers: Open Source: Directories
Computers: Open Source: Project Hosting
Computers: Software: Freeware
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Mac OS: Software: Open Source
This category in other languages:
DaveSource Marginal Hacks
- Collection of utilities, most of which are written in Perl. Includes HTML photo album generator, Web invitation system, basic HTTP server, and an 'extensible' mail filter.
- Submarine maritime tactical analysis application. Used for analysis of maritime vessel tracks in 2 and 3 dimensions.
- In an attempt to provide free documentation for free software, this wiki lets anyone read, write, remix articles or textbooks on any open source application and download them in PDF format.
- UK based provider of open source software across multiple industry sectors including education, healthcare and charity.
GASP: GAming Services Platform
- News, information and downloads for this Java based mobile gaming platform. (Java)
GNU Operating System
- Official site of the project to develop a complete Unix-like operating system comprising free software. Includes project history and philosophy, licenses, downloads, and details of how to get involved.
- The project provides various GNU tools and software for Win32.
- Community-based development of educational software. Contains code for the projects and a mission statement.
- Offers a free project hosting solution with versions management, bug tracking and documentation.
- An open source computing platform for developing adaptive, scalable applications. No longer maintained.
- Dual-panel text mode file manager. Built-in text editor with syntax highlighting, hex editor, FTP support. Does not change registry, small enough to fit on a floppy. (C++) [Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP]
Open Channel Foundation
- Hosting open source projects and software from academic and research institutions and providing commercial services.
- Compiles and distributes a CD-ROM containing a selection of open source software for Windows. Includes a forum and a FAQ section.
Open Journal Systems
- An open source journal management and publishing system that has been developed by the federally funded Public Knowledge Project. List of features, documentation, online demonstration, and download. [GLP]
- A project for the development of free and open-source software, including drivers, for the VIA UniChrome video chipsets.
- An open source collection of software frameworks, protocols and services providing a cryptographically secure and distributed platform for creating, maintaining, and selectively sharing user profile information.
- To foster the adoption and successful use of free and open source solutions in education.
The OSSwin Project
- Project to build a directory of open source software which is able to replace much of the proprietary software most Windows-users use nowadays.
- A facility to deploy XML, servlets or JSP presentations on Java servers.
- Provides packaged software suitable for use on portable media, without leaving settings files on the host computer. Includes developer information, discussion forums and downloads.
- Downloads, wiki, support and mailing lists for this print quota and print accounting package for use with the Common Unix Printing System (CUPS).
- Extends the functionality of the mouse by allowing gestures to represent actions.
- Calculates and verifies checksums. (C++) [Windows, GNU/Linux]
Usenet gnu.misc.discuss -
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 1:24:04 AM EDT -