the entire directory
only in Open_Source/Software
Open Directory - Computers: Open Source: Software
Music and Audio
Computers: Open Source: Directories
Computers: Open Source: Project Hosting
Computers: Software: Freeware
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Mac OS: Software: Open Source
This category in other languages:
DaveSource Marginal Hacks
- Collection of utilities, most of which are written in Perl. Includes HTML photo album generator, Web invitation system, basic HTTP server, and an 'extensible' mail filter.
- Submarine maritime tactical analysis application. Used for analysis of maritime vessel tracks in 2 and 3 dimensions.
- In an attempt to provide free documentation for free software, this wiki lets anyone read, write, remix articles or textbooks on any open source application and download them in PDF format.
Free Portable Softwares
- A collection of links to free portable applications.
- UK based provider of open source software across multiple industry sectors including education, healthcare and charity.
GASP: GAming Services Platform
- News, information and downloads for this Java based mobile gaming platform. (Java)
GNU Operating System
- Official site of the project to develop a complete Unix-like operating system comprising free software. Includes project history and philosophy, licenses, downloads, and details of how to get involved.
- The project provides various GNU tools and software for Win32.
- Community-based development of educational software. Contains code for the projects and a mission statement.
- Offers a free project hosting solution with versions management, bug tracking and documentation.
iPod to PC transfer
- Provides ipod to pc transfer software. Site includes ability to download software, guides, and resources.
- An open source computing platform for developing adaptive, scalable applications. No longer maintained.
- Dual-panel text mode file manager. Built-in text editor with syntax highlighting, hex editor, FTP support. Does not change registry, small enough to fit on a floppy. (C++) [Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP]
Open Channel Foundation
- Hosting open source projects and software from academic and research institutions and providing commercial services.
- Compiles and distributes a CD-ROM containing a selection of open source software for Windows. Includes a forum and a FAQ section.
Open Journal Systems
- An open source journal management and publishing system that has been developed by the federally funded Public Knowledge Project. List of features, documentation, online demonstration, and download. [GLP]
- An open source collection of software frameworks, protocols and services providing a cryptographically secure and distributed platform for creating, maintaining, and selectively sharing user profile information.
- To foster the adoption and successful use of free and open source solutions in education.
The OSSwin Project
- Project to build a directory of open source software which is able to replace much of the proprietary software most Windows-users use nowadays.
- A facility to deploy XML, servlets or JSP presentations on Java servers.
- Provides packaged software suitable for use on portable media, without leaving settings files on the host computer. Includes developer information, discussion forums and downloads.
- Downloads, wiki, support and mailing lists for this print quota and print accounting package for use with the Common Unix Printing System (CUPS).
- Extends the functionality of the mouse by allowing gestures to represent actions.
- Calculates and verifies checksums. (C++) [Windows, GNU/Linux]
Usenet gnu.misc.discuss -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 22, 2014 at 12:09:41 UTC -