become an editor
the entire directory
only in Open_Source/Organizations
Open Directory - Computers: Open Source: Organizations
Apache Software Foundation
Free Software Foundation
Computers: Open Source: Advocacy
Computers: Open Source: Software
This category in other languages:
Jabber Software Foundation
- Not-for-profit organization that oversees the general development of XMPP and maintains the Jabber Enhancement Proposals.
The Linux Foundation
- A non-profit consortium dedicated to fostering the growth of Linux, and promoting standardization and technical collaboration. Provides details of activities and working groups, a collaboration forum, and developer services.
Open Invention Network
- An intellectual property company that was formed to promote Linux. It acquires patents and makes them available royalty-free to any company, institution or individual that agrees not to assert its patents against the Linux System.
Open Source Advisory Service
- Promotes awareness and understanding of the legal, social, technical and economic issues that arise when educational institutions engage with free and open source software. News, publications, events, and FAQ.
Open Source Automation Development Lab (OSADL)
- Aims to promote and support the development of Open Source software for the automation industry. Membership fees are used to delegate the development of open source software projects such as a real time preempt patches for Linux.
Open Source Initiative
- Dedicated to managing and promoting the Open Source trademark for the good of the community. Includes a definition of 'Open Source', and a list of approved licenses.
- Not-for-profit organisation helping to accelerate, broaden and strengthen the use of OSS in business and government. News and events, information about OSS, and articles.
Python Software Foundation
- Non-profit organization devoted to advancing open source technology related to the Python programming language. Provides membership information, missions statement, and details of how to get involved.
Software Freedom Law Center
- Provides legal representation and other law related services to protect and advance Free and Open Source software.
Software in the Public Interest, Inc.
- Aims to help organizations develop and distribute open hardware and software. Includes news, details of supported projects, and membership details.
- Non-profit corporation dedicated to protecting multimedia from control by private interests, by developing free and open protocols and software. Information about the foundation and its current projects.
XMPP Standards Foundation
- Contact info, architectural docs and a weblog on Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP), an open XML communications technology.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 8, 2010 at 2:01:25 UTC -