become an editor
the entire directory
only in Open_Content/Licenses
Computers: Open Source: Licenses
Creative Commons License Generator
- Service allowing quick and easy selection of one of a range of Open Content licenses to meet a content creators' requirements (concerning attribution, whether commercial use is allowed, and whether modification is allowed).
Free Art License
- Copyleft license applied to artistic content and projects.
GNU Free Documentation License
- A version of the GPL for reference material.
October Open Game License
- OOGL. The purpose of this License is to make a rulebook, game manual, sourcebook, supplement, or other written role-playing game document "free" in the sense that everyone is permitted to copy and redistribute it, with or without modifying it, either commercially or noncommercially.
Open Database License
- A share-alike licence for data and databases from Open Data Commons. Includes licence text, implementation instructions, and an FAQ.
Open Directory Project License
- The license agreement for replicating ODP data.
Open Game License
- License of the Open Gaming Foundation, as drafted by Wizards of the Coast.
Kuro5hin.org: Creative Commons - NC Licenses Considered Harmful
- "One particular licensing option...is a growing problem for the free content community. It is the allow non-commercial use only (-NC) option. The 'non-commercial use only' variants of the Creative Commons licenses are non-free, and in some ways worse than traditional copyright law -- because it can be harder to move away from them once people have made the choice." (September 11, 2005)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 22, 2014 at 11:35:05 UTC -