become an editor
the entire directory
only in Encyclopedias/Wikipedia
Computers: Software: Groupware: Wiki
This category in other languages:
- A free encyclopedia built collaboratively using wiki software. (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License).
- Documenting, developing and testing MediaWiki's bots, mainly for Wikipedia and other Wikimedia Foundation's projects.
Building a (fast) Wikipedia Offline Reader
- Article by Thanassis Tsiodras describing how he put together a searchable offline version of the online encyclopedia using various open source tools.
- A community effort to extract structured information from Wikipedia and to make this information available on the Web. Details of datasets, online access, and example use cases.
- Free software version of Wikipedia for Apple iPod devices. [English/German]
The Full Wiki
- Mashup of Google Maps and Wikipedia, providing a map of every location mentioned in any article.
- Offers Wikipedia in several languages in TomeRaider format, for Palm OS, Pocket PC, and EPOC Smart Phones.
Poynter Online - Wikipedia for Journalists
- Proclaims that the use of Wikipedia is a good source for basic background information for journalists.
- Presents hourly updated statistics of the most read articles on Wikipedia.
- Wikipedia dedicated, open source browser for Windows.
Wikimedia Conference Japan 2009
- The first regional Wikimedia conference in Japan aimed to be a forum for Wikimedians, researchers, journalists and others interested in Wikimedia projects.
Wikipedia for schools
- A free, hand-checked, non-commercial selection from Wikipedia, targeted around the UK National Curriculum.
Mediapost.com - Wikipedia's Symbiotic Relationship With Search
- Article by Max Kalehoff. "Wikipedia's orderly collection of consumer-created content is becoming a high-powered magnet for Internet searches." "For marketers, Wikipedia can be an unpredictable variable capable of influencing customers and stakeholders. Consider not only its impact on brand search results, but also the impact of potentially inaccurate, unfair, or partisan content. Wikipedia and its contributors can be friends or foes." (May 19, 2005)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 12, 2015 at 22:54:03 UTC -