become an editor
the entire directory
only in Open_Content/Encyclopedias
Open Directory - Computers: Open Source: Open Content: Encyclopedias
Arts: Literature: Electronic Text Archives
Arts: Music: Resources: Downloadable Music Sheets: Public Domain
Arts: Online Writing: Non-Fiction
Computers: Graphics: Clip Art: Public Domain
- Wiki with stricter editing rules and obligatory disclosure of editor's real names.
Connected: An Internet Encyclopedia
- The engineering, theoretical concepts, and organizations of the Internet (freely distributable).
- Wiki encyclopaedia with articles written from a Christian fundamentalist viewpoint.
- A collaborative project of the DailyKos community to build a political encyclopedia.
- An extensively hyperlinked collection of facts, ideas, notes and humor to which anyone can add.
- A peer edited Star Trek encyclopedia.
- A collaborative music encyclopedia. Contains melodies and musical themes from classical, popular, and folk music. Can be searched based on the melody alone, either by playing it on a keyboard, whistling or singing, or by entering the melodic contour as Parsons Code.
- A volunteer-run open content encyclopedia.
- Collaborative, peer-reviewed mathematics encyclopedia with TeX input, inspired by MathWorld (GNU Free Documentation License).
- A directory of people, organizations and issues shaping the public agenda. It catalogs PR firms, activist groups and government agencies as well as the criticisms that are made of these groups from different perspectives.
Wikipedia Article - Nupedia
- Nupedia was a public peer-reviewed general encyclopedia created by volunteer scholars, with resources for readers and contributors (GNU Free Documentation License). It can be considered to be Wikipedia's direct ancestor.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, July 1, 2013 4:15:06 PM EDT -