become an editor
the entire directory
only in Open_Source/Open_Content
Open Directory - Computers: Open Source: Open Content
Open Directory Project
Reference: Open Access Resources
Society: Issues: Intellectual Property
Society: Organizations: Open Access
This category in other languages:
- Aims to consult, design, educate and advocate interoperable data portability to users, developers and vendors. Provides information about the project for users, developers, and executives, news, frequently asked questions, and how to get involved.
Drafting the Gift Domain
- An introduction to IP law as it relates to Open Content (PDF).
Free Curriculum Project
- An effort to create a complete K-12 curriculum and set of course materials that are "Free" in the GNU sense.
- A collaborative knowledge base built on structured data harvested from many sources, including individual wiki contributions. An API and a database dump are provided for programmers.
Information Research Weblog
- A forum to exchange information on publications and websites of potential interest to the readers of the journal, Information Research, an open access, refereed, electronic journal covering the information field generally.
O'Reilly Open Books Project
- Read entire books online which were published under various forms of "open" copyright.
Open Content Alliance
- Represents the collaborative efforts of a group of organizations from around the world. List of contributors, call to participate, FAQs, and press releases.
Open Content Lawyer
- Jordan Hatcher blogs about the law as it relates to open content, including the Creative Commons and Creative Archive licences.
Open Data Commons
- Open Knowledge Foundation project to provides a set of legal tools to help people provide and use open data. Site includes, project information, licences, FAQs, and advocacy material.
- Reason for being: "facilitate the prolific creation of freely available, high-quality, well-maintained Content." Content = everything but software.
- Registry of textbooks and related materials which are free for anyone to use, reuse and redistribute. Run by the Open Knowledge Foundation.
OSCOMAK: Open Source Community On Manufacturing Knowledge
- Goal: create a distributed global repository of production knowledge of past, present and future processes, materials, products.
- International non-profit organization dedicated to encouraging the growth and development of free content, multilingual, wiki-based projects, and to providing the full content of those projects to the public free of charge.
First Monday - Open Content and Value Creation
- Article by Magnus Cedergren discusses models involving the driving forces in a theoretical open content value chain. (July 28, 2003)
Rice University's Connexions
- Article on the first steps of an experimental, open-source/open content project that will "give a learner... free access to educational materials that can be readily manipulated to suit her individual learning style". (December 01, 2002)
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, September 21, 2011 7:24:04 AM EDT -