become an editor
the entire directory
only in Open_Source/Licenses
This category in other languages:
Open Source Software Licensing Page
- Some very interesting articles on free software licensing: history, forms, and problems, seen from a commercial view. Links to some license texts and important open source sites.
Affero - General Public License
- Copyleft license, derived from the GNU-GPL, designed to protect software distributed as web services.
Against DRM 2.0
- A free copyleft license for artworks, which forbids DRM. Includes licence text, FAQ, and a few translations.
Amoeba copyright notice
- A free software OS.
Amulet License Agreement
- CMU Amulet Toolkit License Agreement.
Apache Server Licenses
- Overview of the different versions of the Apache licenses.
The Artistic License
- Perl package license.
Bixoft Public License
- A proposal for an Open Source license that clearly distinguishes between software programs and programming tools.
BSD: 4.4BSD Copyright
- License for 4.4BSD.
BSD: FreeBSD Copyright
- License for FreeBSD operating system.
BSD: NetBSD Licensing and Redistribution
- License patterned after FreeBSD Copyright.
BSD: OpenBSD Copyright Policy
- License and background on Berkeley Computer Systems Research Group copyrights.
Debian Social Contract
- Initially designed as a set of commitments that the Debian developers agreed to abide by, it has later been adopted by the free software community as the basis of the Open Source Definition. The Open Directory Project's social contract was also inspired by it.
- Mozilla or Mozilla compatible, for E programming language.
eCos License Overview
- Summary of license for Red Hat eCos operating system.
GNU General Public License (GPL)
- One standard for licensing free software.
GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL)
- Formerly: GNU Library GPL.
GNU: List of Licenses
- Various licenses and comments about them.
IBM - Common Public License (CPL)
- Open source software license.
LaTeX Project Public License
- Particularly suited for TeX-related programs.
License information for Xinu software
- License for the XINU operating system
Lua Copyright notice
- From Brazil, programming language framework.
Lucent Technologies, Inc.
- Plan 9 Open Source license agreement
Mozart License Agreement
- Mozart: an implementation of Oz 3 programming language.
Mozilla Public License
- Describes the licensing policy of the Mozilla Foundation, and provides the full text of the license, and FAQs.
Mozilla Public License Version 1.0
- Follows the Debian Free Software guidelines.
- Complex hybrid license: public domain, GPL, LGPL, Open Source, commercial.
Open Group Public License
- Open Motif Graphical GUI Software, Public End User License.
Open Source Initiative - Licenses
- Copies of licenses approved by the Open Source Initiative.
OpenSource.org: Open Source Definition
- Not a license itself, but a definition of what conditions a license must fulfill in order to be termed an Open Source license.
PHP Licence Information
- Covers licensing issues for developers distributing applications in PHP. Includes links to annotated version of the relevant licenses and other related resources.
- A very permissive, open source compliant and GPL compatible license used by the team developing the Python programming language.
Quick Reference Guide
- A chart comparing attributes of major licenses, including the option to select your bias.
- Dual terms: use GPL terms or its own terms.
- License for the Squeak software suite, mainly provided by Apple.
Understanding Open Source and Free Software Licensing
- Full text of the book by Andrew M. St. Laurent. [PDF]
Vita Nuova Inferno Subscription License
- Fee based, partly open source, for Lucent network OS.
W3C IPR Software Notice
- W3C = World Wide Web Consortium, one of the Internet's main standard-setting bodies.
x-kernel Copyright Notice
- Arizona Board of Regents, University of Arizona.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 23, 2014 at 6:24:04 UTC -