become an editor
the entire directory
only in Software/Linux
Music and Audio
Computers: Open Source: Software: Music and Audio
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Linux: Projects: Multimedia: Music and Audio
Audio File Library
- An API for accessing a variety of audio file formats.
- Adjusts an audio mixer. X and ncurses interfaces.
Baudline Signal Analyzer
- Realtime signal analysis and spectrum analyzer tool.
- GTK+/GNOME based front-end to BSE framework to simulate audio synthesis and tracking composition.
- Suite of tools for handling CD+G karaoke disks and files.
CoverViewer XMMS Plugin
- Displays covers or images related to songs. Internet cover retrieval facility. Handles tagged files, CDs, and streams.
Geoff and Dave's Audio Mixer
- A digital audio mixing package.
- Free and extensible Linux/Unix audio editor. GNU licence.
- GTK+ client program for the NOMAD Jukebox, using libnjb and id3lib to handle communications and ID3 tagging.
Gnome Wave Cleaner
- An audio cleanup tool for GNOME. Handles WAV, MP3, and Ogg.
- Creates beautiful music notation from text input. Outputs PDF, Postscript, SVG or MIDI files. GNU license.
- Assists in moving gramophone records onto CDs. Filters out hiss and pops.
- Open source DJ mixer.
- MIDI/Audio sequencer with recording and editing capabilities.
Philip's Music Writer
- A music typesetter. Input is a plain text file, output is in PostScript.
- CDG/MP3+G karaoke player. Can search inside Zip files.
- Audio player based on GTK+ written in Python, lets users make playlists with regular expressions and provides advanced tag editing features.
Rakarrack Guitar Effects
- A guitar effects processor intended to be simple and easy to use. Features effects like distortion, echo, chorus and wah-wah, and integrates a MIDI converter. Detailed documentation is offered.
- MIDI sequencer and notation editor for Unix-like systems.
Sound Processing Kit
- An object-oriented class library for audio signal processing.
- MOD tracker for X, similar to FastTracker. Includes a sample recorder and editor.
- MIDI player, converter to wav. Uses Gravis compatible patches and can play these through soundcards lacking their own patches.
XMMS-SID SIDplay Plugin
- Plug-in for playing Commodore 64 music (SID tunes) with XMMS. Requires libSIDPlay library (link given).
xmp: Extended Module Player
- Open source (GNU GPL) portable module player for Unix or Win32.
- Synthesizer with two engines, realtime polyphonic, Midi support, microtonal capability, effects.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 19, 2014 at 12:35:09 UTC -