become an editor
the entire directory
only in Software/Linux
Music and Audio
Open Directory - Computers: Multimedia: Music and Audio: Software: Linux
Computers: Open Source: Software: Music and Audio
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Linux: Projects: Multimedia: Music and Audio
Audio File Library
- An API for accessing a variety of audio file formats.
- Adjusts an audio mixer. X and ncurses interfaces.
Baudline Signal Analyzer
- Realtime signal analysis and spectrum analyzer tool.
- GTK+/GNOME based front-end to BSE framework to simulate audio synthesis and tracking composition.
- Suite of tools for handling CD+G karaoke disks and files.
CoverViewer XMMS Plugin
- Displays covers or images related to songs. Internet cover retrieval facility. Handles tagged files, CDs, and streams.
Geoff and Dave's Audio Mixer
- A digital audio mixing package.
- Free and extensible Linux/Unix audio editor. GNU licence.
- GTK+ client program for the NOMAD Jukebox, using libnjb and id3lib to handle communications and ID3 tagging.
Gnome Wave Cleaner
- An audio cleanup tool for GNOME. Handles WAV, MP3, and Ogg.
- Creates beautiful music notation from text input. Outputs PDF, Postscript, SVG or MIDI files. GNU license.
- Assists in moving gramophone records onto CDs. Filters out hiss and pops.
- A minimalistic music player that is used from the command line. Download links, screenshots and an online manual are provided.
- Open source DJ mixer.
- MIDI/Audio sequencer with recording and editing capabilities.
- Free music score editor published under the GNU GPL. Offers features like MIDI playback of written notes and chord markings, and supports many formats like MusicXML, ABCMusic, or Lilypond.
Philip's Music Writer
- A music typesetter. Input is a plain text file, output is in PostScript.
- CDG/MP3+G karaoke player. Can search inside Zip files.
- Audio player based on GTK+ written in Python, lets users make playlists with regular expressions and provides advanced tag editing features.
Rakarrack Guitar Effects
- A guitar effects processor intended to be simple and easy to use. Features effects like distortion, echo, chorus and wah-wah, and integrates a MIDI converter. Detailed documentation is offered.
- MIDI sequencer and notation editor for Unix-like systems.
Sound Processing Kit
- An object-oriented class library for audio signal processing.
- MOD tracker for X, similar to FastTracker. Includes a sample recorder and editor.
- MIDI player, converter to wav. Uses Gravis compatible patches and can play these through soundcards lacking their own patches.
XMMS-SID SIDplay Plugin
- Plug-in for playing Commodore 64 music (SID tunes) with XMMS. Requires libSIDPlay library (link given).
xmp: Extended Module Player
- Open source (GNU GPL) portable module player for Unix or Win32.
- Synthesizer with two engines, realtime polyphonic, Midi support, microtonal capability, effects.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2014 at 2:34:56 UTC -