become an editor
the entire directory
only in Composition/Fractal_and_Generative
Music and Audio
Fractal and Generative
Open Directory - Computers: Multimedia: Music and Audio: Software: Composition: Fractal and Generative
Arts: Music: Styles: E: Experimental: Fractal Music
- Software for creating algorithmic MIDI music and graphics from Fractals, DNA, EEGs, EKGs, and other data.
- A detailed description by Prof. James Clark of algorithmic techniques using the Nord Modular synthesizer. Includes examples based on chaotic attractors and fractal geometry.
- Lexicon of systems and research, links, software downloads, documentation, and audio examples.
- Combines algorithmic composition techniques with computer-aided composition capabilities.
- Uses cellular automata to generate musical pieces. Java programming by Paul Reiners.
- Win32 program for generating real-time cellular automata music. Performed by a MIDI ensemble of bass, cello, and two wind.
- Free library for automatic music generation from source code structures. Assigns notes and instruments to if, break, block, statements.
- A library of Java classes by Myron Marston for generating self-similar music.
Fractal Music Composer
- Online tool for generating compositions based on motivic scaling. Java programming by Ginger Booth.
Fractal Tune Smithy
- A versatile algorithmic composer that can generate music with self-similar structure.
- Generates notes using twelve algorithms from number theory, chaotic dynamics, fractals and cellular automata. Freeware by Gustavo Diaz-Jerez.
- Online music generator based on an unrevealed algorithm. Can be used to generate ringtones.
LvB's Virtual Music Composer
- Choose your preferences or use default settings, click generate and then play.
- Generates compositions based on user-defined variations of the Thue-Morse sequence. Freeware by Lars Kindermann.
Noatikl Generative MIDI Music System
- A MIDI-based, generative / stochastic compositional tool.
Nodal - Generative Music Software
- Network-based software by Jon McCormack.
- Algorithmic composer that can generate self-similar structure in polyphonic MIDI music. Freeware by Paul Whalley.
Variations: Algorithmic Composition for Acoustic Instruments
- Describes Occam and Nebula, two composition programs by Bruce Jacob that are based on genetic algorithms. Features downloadable recordings and several academic papers.
- Generates many styles of music using a one-dimensional cellular automaton. A simple interface allow the user to control various parameters.
Fractal and Generative
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 24, 2012 at 18:21:43 UTC -