become an editor
the entire directory
only in MPEG-4/Software
Music and Audio
Computers: Multimedia: Digital Video: Products and Tools: Software
Computers: Multimedia: Music and Audio: Audio Formats: MP3: Software
Computers: Multimedia: Music and Audio: Software
- Small and fast directory player using Winamp input plugins with cue sheet and playlist support, from the same author as the editor mp3DirectCut.
- DirectShow filter suite with MPEG-4 video and multichannel AAC audio encoder based on FAAC as well as decoder, MP4 file format muxer and parser.
- DirectShow filter suite with encoder based on FAAC, parser for AAC files, Shoutcast DS filter and Windows GUI, playback uses the external CoreAAC DS filter.
- The GTK+2 port of XMMS with modern GUI features.
- Open source CD ripper and encoder based on the CDex ripping engine with support for many different languages, uses a FAAC output plugin.
- Multimedia application with AAC/MP4 support through DirectShow filters like 3ivx, CoreAAC or ffdshow.
- Relies on the external Winamp input plugin based on FAAD2 for AAC/MP4 support.
- Real-time graphical programming environment for core opcodes and extended objects based on the Structured Audio Orchestra Language (SAOL) with a manual.
- Codec central for this converter, player and iPod file transfer manager with several AAC/MP4 encoders and decoders.
- Open source receiver and transmitter for Digital Radio Mondiale (DRM) using analog AM bands with HE AAC compressed sound at very low bitrates.
DRM Software Radio
- Commercial receiver for HE AAC streams via Digital Radio Mondiale with user forum, FAQs and manuals.
Easy CD-DA Extractor
- Commercial CD ripper, encoder and converter with aacPlus capabilities.
- Multitrack processing for playback, recording, format conversions, effects and mixing.
- Summary of this open source project with AAC encoder and decoder FAAD2 listing release notes, FAQs, download packages, ports and other Freshmeat applications using these codecs.
- Tools to record, convert, stream and play multimedia content including libavcodec and libavformat, two libraries used by many other open source projects.
- External plugin for foobar2000 (not included in the Special Installer) to handle iPod file transfers and converting to AAC/MP4 from any input format.
- The PHP media file parser extracts play time, bitrate and resolution from AAC and reads/writes ID3v1/v2 tags, supports other formats as well.
- A transcoding application for Linux with a modular structure supporting many input and output formats.
- Command line tool for Linux to handle file transfers to the iPod and converting to AAC/MP4 from many input formats.
- This open source project provides Osmo4, an MPEG-4 Systems multimedia player using FAAD2 as the AAC decoder, as well as a 2D/3D BIFS encoder and an MP4 file muxer.
- CD ripper and encoder for Linux that works with FAAC for AAC/MP4 output files.
- Windows tool identifying codecs in container formats like AVI, MPEG and MP4.
- The multimedia player of the Gstreamer project that offers many formats through plugins, also FAAC for encoding and FAAD2 for decoding.
Helix DNA Producer
- Open source version of RealProducer with free HE AAC encoder SDK from Coding Technologies.
- Java based multimedia player from the platform independent IBM Toolkit for MPEG-4 including authoring tools for MP4 files with Systems content.
ImTOO Audio Encoder
- Commercial converter using FAAC and FAAD2 for AAC/MP4 support.
- All-in-one application from Apple with free AAC/MP4 encoder and decoder from QuickTime, rips CDs, organizes music files and connects to its Music Store.
Ivan & Menno
- Speek's frontend for AAC/MP4 batch encoding, decoding and file muxing with command line versions of FAAC, FAAD2 and mp4creator.
- All-in-one application for playback, encoding and streaming of multimedia content either with QuickTime or DirectShow filters.
- Linux player with foobar2000 GUI and AAC/MP4 support through FAAD2 from the developer of the XMMS MP4 plugin.
Media Player Classic
- This multimedia DirectShow player looks like the old Windows Media Player 6.4, but has a lot more features like switching audio streams in an MP4 file.
Media Player Classic Home Cinema
- Based on the original Media Player Classic and created after the original author stopped working on it. Includes new features and video decoders.
- Tool set for Matroska multimedia media files, AAC/MP4 decoding with FAAD2.
- Open source player, transcoder and CD ripper for several platforms preloading many songs into RAM while the harddisk drive spins down, uses FAAC and FAAD2 for AAC/MP4.
- Multimedia player of the open source MPEG4IP project that also decodes RTSP live internet streams, AAC support through FAAD2.
- Music Player Daemon for Linux allows remote access to music files and managing playlists, using FAAD2 for decoding AAC/MP4.
- DirectShow filter suite from Dicas to decode MP4 and 3GP files or RTP streams of MPEG-4 content, also available as a standalone player application.
- Multimedia player for Linux also available in a Mac OS X and Windows version with AAC/MP4 decoding through FAAD2.
- Enables aacPlus (HE AAC) streaming for internet radio stations via HTTP/Shoutcast or RTSP.
- Since version 6 this Apple multimedia software decodes MP4 files. The basic player is free, the commercial Pro version also encodes MPEG-4 video and AAC as well as 3GP content.
- Hosts several AAC/MP4 encoders and decoders as well as other related tools, see also the section for the Debian Linux distribution.
- Offers video/audio converters and players for 3GP/3GP2 and MP4 formats.
Sfx Audio Compiler System
- Integrated development system to generate real-time audio effects and synthesizer instruments using SAOL with SoundFont 2 for Structured Audio Score Language (SASL) and MIDI compositions.
- Multimedia player of the VideoLAN project for several platforms, streams live MPEG-4 content via RTP and aacPlus via Shoutcast, transcodes to AAC with FAAC.
- Plays and encodes AAC/MP4 with internal plugins since version 5.0, also decodes aacPlus Shoutcast streams and other formats.
Windows Media Player
- WMP needs external DirectShow filters for AAC/MP4 support like 3ivx, mpegable, CoreAAC or LSX.
- The new version by DeXT reads many input formats and transcodes them to several others, uses libfaad2.dll and libfaac.dll for AAC.
- Multimedia library and player with AAC/MP4 support based on FAAD2.
- CD player, ripper and encoder for Unix and other platforms, AAC/MP4 output files with FAAC.
- Linux player with Winamp 2.x looks supporting as many input formats, source code of AAC/MP4 plugin available in the FAAD2 CVS and download package.
- Fast player supporting XM and other tracker formats, usual inputs through external Winamp plugins and output formats with command line encoders, i.e. FAAD2 and FAAC for AAC/MP4.
- This multimedia player from Inmatrix uses external DirectShow filters for MP4 files, e.g. 3ivx, mpegable or CoreAAC.
FAAC project news
- This SourceForge feed offers the full text of related announces. [RSS]
FAAC project packages
- Publishing file releases on SourceForge.net. [RSS]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 2, 2014 at 11:35:04 UTC -