become an editor
the entire directory
only in Audio_Formats/MPEG-4
Music and Audio
Computers: Internet: Broadcasting
Computers: Internet: Protocols: RTSP
Computers: Multimedia: Digital Video
Computers: Multimedia: MPEG
Computers: Multimedia: Music and Audio: Audio Formats: MP3
Computers: Multimedia: Music and Audio: Hardware
Computers: Multimedia: Music and Audio: MIDI
World: Deutsch: Computer: Multimedia: MPEG
- All available articles and documents from the Journal of Audio Engineering Society with search tool including a CD about coding artifacts.
Applications of Digital Signal Processing to Audio and Acoustics
- Book by Mark Kahrs and Karlheinz Brandenburg.
Audio Research Labs
- ARL is a commercial laboratory involved in subjective quality assessment methods like preparing and analyzing codec comparisons for 3GPP.
Digital Radio Mondiale
- DRM is a world-wide initiative to use analog AM radio for digital sound and services implementing aacPlus at very low bitrates, often mixed up with Digital Rights Management for copy protection.
- Besides this forum for audio codecs there are others for container formats and video encoding in general with FAQs.
- Forum about audio coding in general with two separate boards for AAC.
- Publicly available standards from the International Organization for Standardization including MPEG-4 with 14496-5 containing the Audio, Visual and Systems parts.
- Reading list for an MIT seminar, most of the mentioned publications are directly available on their web server or linked to Amazon's book section.
- Hard- and software company for professional broadcasting products with AAC/MP4 support.
- Reviews, articles and forum discussions about cell phones capable of AAC/MP4/3GP playback (also called "iTunes" format sometimes, use the site search).
MP4-SA Developer Tools
- John Lazarro and John Wawrzynek from the CS Division, UC Berkeley provide tutorials, downloads, manuals and links related to the Structured Audio format.
- Resource for news, information and products about MPEG-4, H.264, Windows Media, High-Definition, Streaming Media and related technologies.
Nokia developer forum
- Platform to support the implementation of their software SDKs including AAC/MP4.
Principles of digital audio
- Book by Ken C. Pohlmann.
- Apple offers technical FAQs, knowledge base and publicly available documentation files including the MOV file format.
Speech Synthesis Examples
- Many TTS demos in several languages from different systems with links to their homepages.
- List of internet radio stations using aacPlus for their low bitrate streams, among them SomaFM.com and Boomer Radio.
- Patent pool administrator for AAC with FAQs and overviews of royalty fees for commercial implementations.
- Upcoming MPEG-4 and Streaming Media related calendar of events. [RSS]
- The latest headlines about MPEG-4, Windows Media, Streaming Media and related technologies. [RSS]
MPEG4.net Press releases
- Announcements of new products from companies or events from organizations related to MPEG-4 and other technologies. [RSS]
- New sources of information like web sites, documentation or tests for MPEG-4 and related technologies. [RSS]
Usenet alt.binaries.sounds.aac.d -
Usenet alt.music.mp3 -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 15, 2014 at 15:24:06 UTC -