become an editor
the entire directory
only in Formats/VP8_and_WebM
VP8 and WebM
Computers: Data Formats: Open Standards
Computers: Multimedia: Digital Video
The WebM Project
- Free and open video format designed to provide royalty-free high-quality video compression for use with HTML5 video. Sponsored by Google.
Diary Of An x264 Developer: The First in-depth Technical Analysis of VP8
- Written by Jason Garrett-Glaser, an x264 developer, after Google released the codec to the open source community.
Java VP8 Decoder
- Open source implementation of the VP8 image/video codec in pure Java.
WebM Community Cross-License
- A collaboration of companies which cross-license at no charge patents they may have that are essential to WebM technologies to other members. News, FAQ, agreement details.
WebM for IE9
- A free application from Google which adds WebM support to Internet Explorer 9.
- Encyclopedia article explaining the history and various implementations of this codec. Also includes notes on related formats such as WebM and WebP.
An Analysis of WebM and its Patent Risk
- Written in part as an answer to Jason Garrett-Glaser's post, supports the view that due diligence to avoid patents was performed and that the format is a worthy competitor to H.264. (May 25, 2010)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 16, 2014 at 11:53:58 UTC -