become an editor
the entire directory
only in Web_Design_and_Development/Linkrot
Web Design and Development
Computers: Software: Internet: Site Management: Link Management
Altertbox: Fighting Linkrot
- Jakob Nielsen defines the phaenomenon linkrot, and encourages site owners to fight it by reducing outbound linkrot and securing stability of incoming links.
The Availability and Persistence of Web References in D-Lib Magazine
- A study by Frank McCown et al., presented at the 5th International Web Archiving Workshop. [PDF]
Cool URIs Don't Change
- An appeal for stability, and advice how to achieve it, by Tim Berners-Lee.
- Overview article from Wikipedia.
Linkrot and Legal Research
- An overview on results of recent research by Ted Tjaden. (August 03, 2005)
A Longitudinal Study of Web Pages Continued: A Consideration of Document Persistence
- Wallace Koehler, Valdosta State University, presents the results of his research, and an overview on existing literature. Published in Information Research, Vol. 9 No. 2, January 2004. (January 01, 2004)
All Things Web: How Much Is Too Much?
- Results of the third State of the Web Survey (SOWS), an automated web survey that tracks page size and linkrot on the WWW. (May 31, 1999)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 23, 2013 at 10:23:22 UTC -