become an editor
the entire directory
only in Web_Design_and_Development/Linkrot
Web Design and Development
Open Directory - Computers: Internet: Web Design and Development: Linkrot
Computers: Software: Internet: Site Management: Link Management
Altertbox: Fighting Linkrot
- Jakob Nielsen defines the phaenomenon linkrot, and encourages site owners to fight it by reducing outbound linkrot and securing stability of incoming links.
Cool URIs Don't Change
- An appeal for stability, and advice how to achieve it, by Tim Berners-Lee.
- Overview article from Wikipedia.
The Availability and Persistence of Web References in D-Lib Magazine
- A study by Frank McCown et al., presented at the 5th International Web Archiving Workshop. [PDF]
Linkrot and Legal Research
- An overview on results of recent research by Ted Tjaden. (August 03, 2005)
A Longitudinal Study of Web Pages Continued: A Consideration of Document Persistence
- Wallace Koehler, Valdosta State University, presents the results of his research, and an overview on existing literature. Published in Information Research, Vol. 9 No. 2, January 2004. (January 01, 2004)
All Things Web: How Much Is Too Much?
- Results of the third State of the Web Survey (SOWS), an automated web survey that tracks page size and linkrot on the WWW. (May 31, 1999)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, May 23, 2013 10:23:22 AM EDT -