become an editor
the entire directory
only in Checking_and_Debugging/Accessibility
Web Design and Development
Checking and Debugging
Open Directory - Computers: Internet: Web Design and Development: Authoring: Online Tools: Checking and Debugging: Accessibility
Computers: Internet: Web Design and Development: Accessibility
Society: Disabled: Universal Design: Computers
Accessibility Color Wheel
- A tool to help choose a color pair with good contrast and suitable for text and background of accessible sites. It simulates also various kinds of color-blindness.
Accessibility Extensions for Mozilla/Firefox
- Toolbar to help users navigate pages, and also tools for developers to check their pages. Installation instructions and documentation.
Anybrowser - screen size testing
- Enables you to test how your page appears at low screen resolutions - e.g. webtv, 640x480, 800x600.
ATRC Web Accessibility Checker
- Analyses a page for conformance with WCAG 1.0 and 2.0, BITV 1.0, Section 508, and the Stanca Act.
Color Vision - by Cal Henderson
- Test your website foreground/background colors for their contrast and clarity to color blind visitors.
Color-Blind Design Evaluation
- Online tool to show what your site colors look like to color-blind people.
Colorblind Web Site Filter
- View your actual web pages through the eyes of visitors with three different types of color blindness.
Cynthia Says Portal
- Accessibility agent offering validation for WAI standards and Section 508 compliance. Includes information and news from the Internet Society Disability and Special Needs Chapter.
GrayBit Grayscale Contrast Tool
- Converts your page to greyscale to ensure there is sufficient visual contrast between elements.
- A free online accessibility and browser compatibility checker. Tests web pages for accessibility issues and provides a detailed report.
Juicy Studio: Colour Contrast Analyser
- Uses the W3C algorithm to check for sufficient contrast between background and foreground colours.
- Delorie online viewer enables you to view your site in a text browser.
OCAWA Accessibility Validator
- Standing for Operational Control and Analysis for Web Accessibility. OCAWA tests the accessibility of your web site using international accessibility standards.
UITest.com: Site Check
- Test your website with the W3C, WDG, ATRC, WebAIM, WebXact, Bobby, Cynthia Says, HiSoftware, Site Valet, Colorblindness filter, and Google Viewer, simply by typing your site address once.
- Allows the user to see the world as color blind people see it. Checks by images and urls.
W3C CSS Validation Service
- W3C CSS Validation service enables you to check your CSS code for validity, and warns you if you are using browser specific code.
W3C HTML Validation Service
- A free service from W3C that checks HTML and XHTML code against the W3C Web Accessibility Guidelines.
- Offer a combined interface to collection of tools (W3C, CSE, and Cynthia validators, and also a Lynx simulator) for checking adherence to standards, mark-up and accessibility.
Webthing Accessibility Valet
- This tool will examine your site, and based on the accesibility level you choose, will provide you with a source code listing with marks next to each element which requires attention.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 28, 2013 at 2:35:09 UTC -