the entire directory
only in Web_Design_and_Development/Accessibility
Web Design and Development
Companies and Consultants
FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
Standards and Guidelines
Testing and Validation
Computers: Internet: Web Design and Development: Web Usability
Computers: Software: Internet: Clients: Web: Browsers: Accessibility
Society: Disabled: Assistive Technology
Society: Disabled: Universal Design: Computers
This category in other languages:
Web Accessibility Initiative
- Guidelines and resources from the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
Accessible eLearning For All
- The ALFA Project is being developed to allow educational content providers to create eLearning on any subject and in any language.
Accessible Webpage Design: Resources
- Site created to promote awareness about the need for accessible web design and to steer those who wish to learn more about the topic into the right direction.
- Tools, links and resources on Website accessibility.
Americans With Disabilities Act Information
- The US Dept. of Justice's resource page for the ADA. Voluminous, and not limited to computer and Internet issues, but at least it should be fairly authoritative, if you're willing to wade through the material.
- Personal weblog with views on accessibility issues, news, and accessibility events.
Business Benefits of Accessible Web Design
- Describes the many business and technical benefits that are realised by applying the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) to Web applications.
Google Groups: Accessible
- Forum for users of Google's accessibility services to share tips on what works well and what could be made better.
- Accessibility information and Weblogs from the writer Joe Clark
Library Hi Tech Volume 20, Issue 2
- Special issue: Accessibility of web-based information resources for people with disabilities. Read abstracts online; pay for access to full articles.
Microsoft - Accessibility
- Information about Microsoft accessibility products and services.
Philippine Web Accessibility Group (PWAG)
- A non-profit association of web designers and advocates of web accessibility based in the Philippines. Membership information, resources, and frequently asked questions.
RNIB Web Access Centre
- A free online resource centre to help designers and managers create accessible web sites. Also links to consultancy services.
Searchenginewatch - Don't Disable Your Site for Handicapped Users
- Article by Matt Bailey. Designers of web sites that are not accessible to disabled users are overlooking a market segment of millions of searchers and potential buyers.
Self Direction Community Project
- Providing online disability awareness training.
- SightWeaver is a tool for repairing HTML tables, to make them more accessible.
- Weblog about web standards, accessibility and usability.
- Resource for universal interface design and accessibility that provides techniques to support developing and implementing strategies.
Usability First - Accessibility
- Includes background information on Accessibility and lists computer related accessibility aids according to types of disability.
- Web accessibility and usability resources including articles, news, discussion, and research. Focuses on both theory and practice of user-centered design.
Viewable With Any Browser
- Campaign for a Non-Browser Specific WWW. Resources, more information and links about this effort.
W3 Compliant Sites
- A collection of web standards compliant web sites and their designers.
Web Accessibility Survey
- Some data collected on the accessibility of college and university web pages.
Web Credible: Accessibility Resources
- Offers tips, tricks, tutorials, links and information about Web accessibility, including UK legal requirements.
WebAIM - Web Accessibility in Mind
- Information, training, resources, guidelines and standards for Web accessibility and disability access to the Web.
Wikipedia: Web Accessibility
- Encyclopedia article about the topic, including discussion of benefits, technology, guidelines, and legal provisions.
WCAG 2.0: Woeful to Wonderful in One Easy Draft?
- Accessites.org article by Jack Pickard, providing a review of the latest changes to the working draft. (May 25, 2007)
- Article by Bruce Lawson and James Craig, raising accessibility issues with the use of some microformats, and specifically the abbr design pattern. (April 27, 2007)
Usenet alt.comp.blind-users -
Usenet netscape.public.mozilla.accessibility -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 19, 2016 at 15:45:09 UTC -