become an editor
the entire directory
only in Search_Engines/Specialized
File Hosting Services
Audio and Video
Computers: Internet: Web Design and Development: Promotion: Pay-Per-Click Advertising: Search Engines: Specialized
Computers: Software: Internet: Servers: Search
This category in other languages:
- A search engine for alternatives, meaning it can search for existing opposites on any given subject.
- Alternatives to software applications are organized into categories and can also be searched according to platforms and tags.
- Search engine for US and European patents. Results from several sources are merged in a single list or in clusters. Order by relevance or date.
- A color search engine meant to find items in defined colors.
Creative Commons Search
- Powered by Nutch, it searches for content which can be re-used (for some uses) without having to pay or ask permission.
- Finds active web servers and receives whatever information those servers disclose. Some of the features require free registration.
- Find the alternatives to a broad range of subjects.
- Searches the web for free and 'for swap/trade' items people no longer need.
- A "how-to" search engine for finding answers to common questions.
Globalogiq HTML Code Search Engine
- Searches within HTML source code and http headers. Free demo requires registration.
Google minus Google
- Search with Google without getting results from Google sites such as Knol, Blogger and YouTube.
- Searchable grants database and assistance programs for individuals.
- Green Search Engine which provides environmentally aware results, includes news and products.
- Global accountancy search engine, provides industry articles, guidelines and management tools.
The Internet Spec List
- Search engine for Request For Comments (RFC). Also organized according to topic.
- RSS feeds search engine indexing blogs posts, news sites stories, audio and video podcast in 33 languages.
- Searches for mobile-friendly websites by keyword or category.
- A search engine that scans the 'for sale' sections of online forums and organizes the data to make the search experience more efficient.
- Searches for profiles on social networking sites by e-mail, first, last name and username.
- Finds documents in .pdf, .doc, .ppt, .xls, .rtf and html format. Requires registration.
Online Webpage Image Downloader and ImageInfo Grabber
- Grabs and lists image content and information from websites with filtering options. It also offers downloading of grabbed images and social network sharing of grabbed images.
- Searches for recipes by ingredients, title, celebrity chefs.
- Searches for names and usernames across a variety of social networking sites and even among Wikipedia editors, registers users of SourceForge, Launchpad and My Opera. Searching can be refined by location and age.
- Allows users to perform free white page type searches as well as reverse address, phone and area code lookups.
- Presents a search results page from which relevant results can easily be selected then browsed sequentially without opening new tabs or windows.
- Search for RSS, Rdf and Atom feeds or search the feeds.
- Offers search for users of Skype, Yahoo, AIM, ICQ, Google Talk and MSN messenger by their hobbies, work/profession, interests and anything else they include in their 'about me' pages.
- A code specific search engine. API documentation, code snippets and open-source repositories are indexed and searchable.
- Search Internet Relay Chat rooms and networks.
- A service to check papers for passages plagiarized from the web.
- Searches sites by domain name, title, keywords and IP address.
- Search for computers based on software, geography, operating system, IP address. For example, it can find servers running Apache 2.2.3 on Windows 2000 in Switzerland.
- A search engine for finding similar and alternatives websites. Works on a dataset of about 200 million sites.
Similar Site Search
- Helps to find similar, related, or alternative websites. Based on user generated tags.
- Helps users find new alternatives or similar content.
- Finds alternatives to popular websites.
- Provides a sizeable database of jobs, collates material from several businesses.
Sites Like Search
- Helps to find similar or alternative websites.
- SkillPages is creating new opportunities for everyone everywhere.
- Search engine for finding PowerPoint presentations and slides. The results include previews. The interface is available in several languages.
- Search for someone's status and shares on Facebook, Twitter & Google Buzz.
- Facebook search without logging in. Finds images, pages, posts by keywords.
Spokeo People Search
- Finds personal photos, videos, and other information across social media platforms.
- Combines results from several sources to present the latest user-generated content. Its "buzz-o-meter" measures the current level of activity concerning the topic on Twitter.
- Collaborative fashion content search engine, indexes selected fashion blogs and online magazines.
- Dead people search engine. Search by name, year or social security number (reverse lookup).
- Searches various applications, including del.icio.us, flickr, Scribd, YouTube, for tags.
- Tracks the latest popular content on the web: Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Searches content published on Twitter and the web, sorted by relevance or date.
- What's on guide for travelers, including festivals, sports and events.
- Offers services that include general people searches, criminal background checks, real property, death and marriage.
- Indexes video files that can be embedded and makes them available to publishers and website owners.
- Computational knowledge engine that draws on multiple sources to answer user queries directly.
- Search for recipes by ingredient, diet, allergy, nutrition, taste, calories, fat, price, cuisine, time, course and source.
- Free people search, for U.S. postal addresses and telephone numbers.
- A search engine for finding data and statistics. The search results will be graphs, charts and tables.
- A business information search engine, providing company search, people search and job search. It constructs profiles on people and companies, drawn from the Web, or created by individuals and companies for themselves.
Specialized Search Engines
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 29, 2015 at 11:18:37 UTC -