become an editor
the entire directory
only in Search_Engines/Articles
ACM Queue: Why Writing Your Own Search Engine is Hard
- Anna Patterson explains the problems of search engine design in practical terms in this lengthy article.
Efficient, Automatic Web Resource Harvesting
- Research paper which offers a solution for increased indexing efficiency. [PDF]
Indexing the Internet
- An essay by John Hubbard analyzing the question of what is the best way to index the Internet, with references.
BBC: Search Wars - Which is the Best?
- As Microsoft enters the internet search engine market, the BBC compare five of the main providers: Google, Yahoo, MSN, Ask Jeeves and A9. (November 12, 2004)
DNS as a Search Engine: A Quantitative Evaluation
- Ben Edelman evaluates DNS, Google, and RealNames for their respective accuracies in providing correct and relevant content. Research suggests that Google offers the highest accuracy. (June 01, 2002)
Commercial Alert Files Complaint Against Search Engines for Deceptive Ads
- A complaint filed with the United States Federal Trade Commission by Ralph Nader's Commercial Alert service, which charges the major search engines of inserting advertisements in search engine results without clear disclosure that the ads are ads. (July 16, 2001)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 3, 2014 at 15:05:14 UTC -