the entire directory
only in Searching/Search_Engines
Open Directory - Computers: Internet: Searching: Search Engines
Computers: Internet: Web Design and Development: Hosted Components and Services: Site Search
Computers: Software: Internet: Servers: Search
This category in other languages:
Active Search Results
- An independent search engine with its own spider and page ranking algorithm.
- General search engine which includes its own index of websites.
- Indexes the front page content of the sites which are listed in its directory.
- Features the possibility to use slashtags to restrict searched sites to various topics. Offers image, video and local search, too.
- A fusion of computer technology and human intelligence. Live human guides are available to provide additional assistance in finding relevant results.
- Web search engine featuring semantic cluster graphs, image extraction, and tag clouds.
- The English-language version of a Swedish search engine with a clean interface and large database.
- A cross between a search engine and an encyclopedia. The results return complete, informative sentences about the search topic. Related topics are suggested.
- Ontological semantic and natural language processing (NLP) based search engine.
- Offers Lycos services including searching.
- Search engine supported by social networks to help rank sites on the basis of social recommendations.
- Processes natural language queries and delivers results in clusters by topic. Queries can be keywords, phrases or short questions.
- Human compiled and edited search engine.
- Search engine with a clean interface and no advertising, no tracking. Also offers business solutions.
Scrub The Web
- Search engine with sponsored links at the top of results. Also offering a meta tag builder and analyzer.
- Indexes sites listed in the major internet directories. Offers free web services, including a search toolbar, and code for webmasters to provide search boxes on their sites.
- A human-edited and spider-based search engine, which claims to provide only a few, but relevant results.
- Results with thumbshots of the sites.
- Search engine with its own crawler. It provides ample information about the documents and the queries.
- Search engine with country specific searching. Options to display country flags, and include preview and translation features. Sponsored links appear in panels separate from the main results.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, November 15, 2012 3:24:49 PM EST -