become an editor
the entire directory
only in Searching/FAQs,_Help,_and_Tutorials
FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
Computers: Internet: FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
Reference: Education: Instructional Technology: Evaluation: Web Site Evaluation
Reference: Education: K through 12: Technology
This category in other languages:
- Scott Nicholson helps people choose the most appropriate search engine and how to use it.
Google Search Hints
- Advanced uses of Google.
How Stuff Works: Internet Search Engines
- Curt Franklin's article explains in detail how search engines work. It includes a diagram of the indexing process.
- Learn how to conduct your own people search and background checks.
Information Research FAQ
- How to find information on the Internet and beyond. Covers theory in great detail.
Internet Search FAQ
- Charles Harris explains how to find information, people, and pictures on the Net and gives hints on evaluating the reliability of Web-based sources.
- Interactive tutorials from The Ohio State University Libraries to help you search the Web effectively, evaluate information and incorporate it into research projects.
- A suite of interactive tools designed to aid students and professionals with their online research, from selecting a search engine and finding some relevant sources, to citing those sources.
- A summary of search commands for Google, Yahoo! and Live Search.
- Summary of indexing techniques and drawbacks of various search engines and how to perform effective searches tips.
Search Engine Dictionary
- A comprehensive glossary of search engine terms.
Search Engine Honesty
- Describes how search engines work and methods to solve problems in getting a site properly indexed.
Search Engine Terms
- A multi-lingual glossary of search engine terms as suggested by members of the I-Search Digest.
- Describes how to use search engines, directories and newsgroups, covering simple and advanced techniques. Includes a search engine control features chart.
The Spire Project
- Explores Internet search theory, the work of David Novak, a researcher bridging library science to computer science. Covers search strategy, new techniques and choreography.
UC Berkeley: Finding Information on the Internet
- Recommends search strategies, explains search tools, and provides guidance on evaluating and citing web pages. Includes a glossary and tables comparing search tools.
Web Search Guide
- Information on resource types, comparison charts for services, tutorials.
- The Internet Public Library advises on which search engine to choose and how best to use them.
FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 29, 2015 at 16:11:44 UTC -