become an editor
the entire directory
only in Directories/Family_Friendly
Computers: Internet: Searching: Search Engines: Family Friendly
Kids and Teens: Directories
- Online resources including the top 5 percent in education. Separate entry pages for teachers, kids, teens, parents, and librarians. Includes a search engine.
Ben's Guide to U.S. Government for Kids
- Teaches kids from kindergarten through 12th grade about the federal government, from the U.S. Government Printing Office.
- Categorized sites for kindergarten students through high schoolers, as well as teachers. Includes English and French content.
Child & Family WebGuide
- Describes trustworthy websites on topics of interest to parents and professionals. Listings have been systematically evaluated by graduate students and faculty in child development.
- A comprehensive educational search engine, directory and homework helper for the K-12 student. A virtual library and reference tool providing easy access to thousands of safe subject-specific sites.
- Margaret Vail Anderson, a librarian in Cortland, New York, has collected hundreds of her favorite resources. Text-only website.
EarthCam for Kids
- Directory of child friendly educational webcams sorted by topics of interest.
- Provides categorically sorted listings suitable for K-12, parents and educators. Net nanny approved.
- Provides website links and authored book publication links on topics suitable for children from kindergarten to 5 and up.
The Family Directory
- Lists Isle of Wight family and parenting business services sorted by category.
Family Friendly Sites
- Family friendly directory where all member websites have been visited and reviewed.
Harley Hahn's Internet Yellow Pages
- Personal directory compiled by Internet author Harley Hahn.
- Features a searchable, subject-categorized directory of authoritative websites; links to online texts, newspapers, and magazines.
Kid's Online Resources
- Online directory of education resource links for children, teens, parents and families. Includes homework help, entertainment, games, music and Internet safety.
- Banner links to kid friendly sites organized by subject area. High U.S. concentration in the Social Studies area.
- Child friendly categorically sorted products and services available in Australia.
- Annotated searchable index of safe for kids web sites, moderated by librarians. Search by subject, reading level, and degree of picture content.
- Provides educational, fun stuff and grown ups links in categories for children and parents.
- Provides a categorized collection of websites for the upbringing of children from age zero to seven.
Library of Congress: For Kids and Families
- Presents resources from history, music, arts, language, and science.
Mums on the Go
- Provides Australian child friendly business listings using an advanced search form. Categories include eating out, shopping, fitness and pampering.
My Favorite Christmas Sites
- Annotated collection of Christmas websites.
- Contains links to websites categorized by parenting topics. Includes articles and weblog.
- Online version of the resource directory for southwest Missouri families.
- Portal directory suitable for preschool, elementary, middle school and grown ups. [HTML or Flash]
Surfing the Net with Kids
- Syndicated newspaper columnist Barbara J. Feldman reviews educational websites for families and teachers. Features a directory of games as well as online resources.
Teach the Children Well
- Collection of educational links selected by a teacher for elementary students.
- Lists educational Websites by school year and subject. Features interactive games and whiteboard resources.
U.S. Government Web Sites for Kids
- List of government web sites for kids arranged by subject.
- A family friendly Internet directory, listing only safe and secure, quality sites. Searchable by category or keywords.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 8, 2015 at 15:58:19 UTC -