become an editor
the entire directory
only in News_and_Media/2006
News and Media
This category in other languages:
SearchEngineWatch.com: What's the Big Deal With Social Search?
- An overview on the history of human mediated search efforts, the current situation, its problems and chances for the future, by Chris Sherman. ODP is named among the examples for social search projects that have been around since the early days of the web.
SearchEngineWatch.com: Who's Who in Social Search
- Chris Sherman presents the various approaches to social search and some of the key players in each area. ODP is mentioned as the original collaborative directory.
DMOZ Had 9 Lives. Used Up Yet?
- Rich Skrenta discusses options for the future development of the project. (December 16, 2006)
VOA News Website of the Week: Open Directory
- Editor in Chief Bob Keating introduces the directory. (October 20, 2006)
CNET News: Internet Search Gets Web 2.0 Style
- Elinor Mills offers an overview on social search projects, including comments from industry experts on the likely impact on search. ODP and Yahoo are named as projects which are at the roots of the development. (August 24, 2006)
Inside Google Sitemaps: More Control Over Page Snippets
- Google announces that they´ve added support for the NOODP tag, which allows site owners to request that ODP is not used for generating snippets. (July 13, 2006)
Interview with Greg Hartnett
- Shimon Sandler interviews the founder of Best of the Web, the oldest directory of the web. Hartnett names both Yahoo and DMOZ as "inarguably the top directories": "Their comprehension, user base, commitment to quality, and age help to set them apart". (April 03, 2006)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 16, 2015 at 11:35:07 UTC -