become an editor
the entire directory
only in News_and_Media/2000
News and Media
Open Directory - Computers: Internet: Searching: Directories: DMOZ: News and Media: 2000
This category in other languages:
SearchEngineWatch.com: Google Adds Directory
- Danny Sullivan writes about the launch of the Google Directory, which is using ODP data, and how they incorporate it into their search results.
Slashdot: Dmoz (aka AOL) Changing Guidelines In Sketchy Way
- Article mentions updates to the Open Directory Project Guidelines. Specifically points out the Illegal Sites description and the new copyright notice. (October 24, 2000)
Netscape's Groundbreaking Open Directory Project Surpasses Two Million Web Sites
- Press Release covers the rapid growth of the ODP since its inception. Notes that more than 100 leading Internet companies are licensing ODP data. (August 14, 2000)
Netscape: Ask Jeeves And Netscape's Open Directory Project Team To Bring Relevant And Comprehensive Search Results To Users
- Press Release covers Ask Jeeves' decision to license ODP data for their primary directory. Mentions the Open Directory Project is available to anyone under a free use license. (August 14, 2000)
PCWorld: How to Stop Searching and Start Finding
- Article compares leading search engines, directories, and utilities. Mentions the Open Directory Project as the web’s largest directory with around 2 million sites indexed. (July 18, 2000)
Wired: Need A WebBrain to Net Search?
- Andy Patrizio writes about the launch of WetBrain.com and the technology they built using Open Directory Project data. (May 26, 2000)
Slashdot: Who Owns Dmoz?
- Adam Kuether questions ODP’s relationship with Time Warner/AOL. (May 01, 2000)
Kuro5hin: Yahoo Getting Beat Up
- Article discusses ODP nearly overtaking Yahoo with regards to number of sites indexed. Comments on the topic are posted from various users. (April 05, 2000)
Information Today: Google Introduces Web Directory Using Netscape's Open Directory Project Data
- Chris Sherman writes about the hybrid directory launched by Google that combines their search technology with ODP listings. Article mentions Google also provides links to relevant directory categories in its primary search service. (March 27, 2000)
Salon Technology: Google: We’re Down With ODP
- Mark Durham discusses the creation of the Google Directory and explains how they’ve integrated ODP data. (March 24, 2000)
NYTimes.com: Helping Webmasters Land in Search Engines' Nets
- Elizabeth Stone writes about world of search engines and how web designers are looking to Danny Sullivan for the answers on how to get traffic from them. (March 23, 2000)
Wired: Sort Stories
- Jeffrey O'Brien briefly discusses Netscape's Open Directory Project. (March 08, 2000)
Netscape Netcenter Passes 25 Million Registered User Milestone Worldwide
- Press release talks about the Netcenter membership milestone and mentions the Netscape Open Directory Project (ODP) includes more than 1.5 million web sites. (February 15, 2000)
The New York Times: A Marriage of Convenience - and Control
- Denise Caruso writes about AOL’s proposed purchase of Time Warner and what the two traditional media giants will do with the Open Directory Project. (January 17, 2000)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 17, 2012 at 17:26:38 UTC -