become an editor
the entire directory
only in Proxying_and_Filtering/Content_Filtering
Proxying and Filtering
Open Directory - Computers: Internet: Proxying and Filtering: Content Filtering
PICS Ratings System
Computers: Internet: Child Safety
Computers: Software: Internet: Monitoring
This category in other languages:
Application-Specific Proxy Servers as HTTP Stream Transducers
- Paper from W3C discussing research on an application specific Web proxy.
Configuring Your Mac to Work With Filter Proxy Settings
- Instructions and links to relevant tools.
- An HTML-rewriting proxy with Web-forms based configuration and modules for XSLT, GIF deanimation, and compression. [Perl]
- Keyword-based content filtering and virus scanning for Microsoft ISA Server.
- Open-source cross-platform filtering Web proxy server written in Java. It has a public API to create additional filters.
Mutating Web proxy (RabbIT)
- A Java application which will cache, compress images and remove unwanted content in order to speed up the browsing process.
Norton Internet Security
- Firewall, anti-malware, anti-spam and phishing protection software which includes parental control add-on for filtering unsuitable websites. [Windows]
- A web proxy with advanced filtering capabilities for protecting privacy, modifying web page content, managing cookies, controlling access, and removing ads, banners, pop-ups and other Internet junk. Based on Internet Junkbuster.
- General proxy with text-matching rules for transforming and filtering pages and HTTP headers. Includes filters for animated GIFs, pop-up windows, ad banners, and dynamic HTML.
- A combined filter, redirector and access controller plugin for Squid.
Using a Hosts File To Make The Internet Not Suck (as much)
- Basic introduction to hosts file usage.
- Extension to Cern's httpd web server to filter out annoying parts of web pages.
- Internet access management system allows an organization to monitor, report and manage internal Internet use.
X-Stop Internet Access Management Solutions
- X-Stop allows homes and schools to provide safe Internet access and corporations to manage their employee's Internet usage. It facilitates an organization's goal of maintaining employee and network productivity while reducing the risk of legal liability.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, July 16, 2009 9:39:29 AM EDT -