become an editor
the entire directory
only in Protocols/SSL-TLS
Products and Tools
Computers: Security: Internet
Computers: Security: Public Key Infrastructure
This category in other languages:
- A secure Webserver, based on Apache and SSLeay/OpenSSL. Documentation and FTP mirrors.
Certification Authority/Browser Forum
- A voluntary organization of certification authorities (CAs) and web browser vendors. Provides information about the Extended Validation SSL certificate protocols, with objectives, FAQs, and details of the vetting process.
Dan Kegel's Web Hostel
- Information on SSL acceleration hardware and collection of links to sites for APIs that implement SSL/TLS.
- Information source for the Heartbleed web encryption vulnerability bug.
How to SSL
- Tools, tips, and tricks for your everyday SSL life.
HTTP Over TLS
- Document providing information and guidelines on using TLS to secure HTTP connections.
RFC 2246 - The TLS Protocol Version 1.0
- This document specifies Version 1.0 of the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol.
SMTP Service Extension for Secure SMTP over TLS
- Document describing the negotiating and upgrading plain socket connection to secure socket connection.
SSL encryption check
- Access this frameset to test if your browser supports TLS/SSL, and for a report of which cipher and key length is used.
- Comparison charts and reviews for finding an SSL certificate provider, learning more about SSL, and verifying SSL certificate installations.
- Information on SSL, best practices section.
SSL Version 2 Protocol Specification
- Superseded by SSL Version 3 and TLS, but implemented by most browsers and secure servers.
- Secure Sockets Layer Discussion List FAQ.
Transport Layer Security Charter
- The IETF Working Group is responsible for developing the TLS Protocol which is intended to replace SSL.
Apache and Secure Transactions
- Explains what SSL is, why Apache does not have it built in, and why it is such a complex issue. (Apache Week) (September 01, 1998)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 21, 2014 at 6:24:04 UTC -