become an editor
the entire directory
only in Mail/RFCs
Computers: Internet: RFCs
RFC 0821 - Simple Mail Transfer Protocol
- Describes the widely implemented Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) designed to transfer mail reliably and efficiently and relay mail across transport service environments.
RFC 0822 - Standard for ARPA Internet Text Messages
- Specifies the syntax for Internet mail text messages.
RFC 0947 - Mail Routing and the Domain System
- Describes how mail systems on the Internet are expected to route messages based on information from the domain system.
RFC 1123 - Requirements for Internet Hosts - Application and Support
- Defines and discusses the requirements for Internet host software and covers the application and support protocols.
RFC 1566 - Mail Monitoring MIB
- Defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB) for use with network management protocols, and extends the basic Network Services Monitoring MIB to allow monitoring of Message Transfer Agents (MTAs).
RFC 1869 - SMTP Service Extensions
- Defines a framework for extending the SMTP service by defining a means whereby a server can inform a client as to the service extensions it supports.
RFC 1893 - Enhanced Mail System Status Codes
- Describes the Enhanced Mail System Status Codes, a set of status codes for reporting mail system errors and delivery status notifications.
RFC 1939 - Post Office Protocol - Version 3
- Describes the widely implemented Post Office Protocol (POP), which allows a client to retrieve mail that a server is holding for it.
RFC 2033 - Local Mail Transfer Protocol
- Describes the Local Mail Transfer Protocol (LMTP), for transporting mail into a system where a mail receiver does not manage a queue.
RFC 2045 - Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) - Part 1
- Specifies the format of Internet message bodies and the various headers used to describe the structure of MIME messages.
RFC 2046 - Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) - Part 2
- Defines the general structure of the MIME media typing system and defines an initial set of media types.
RFC 2047 - Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) - Part 3
- Describes extensions to RFC 822 to allow non-US-ASCII text data in Internet mail header fields.
RFC 2048 - Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) - Part 4
- Specifies various IANA registration procedures for MIME media types, MIME external body access types, and MIME content-transfer-encodings.
RFC 2049 - Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) - Part 5
- Describes MIME conformance criteria as well as providing some illustrative examples of MIME message formats.
RFC 2060 - Internet Message Access Protocol - Version 4 Rev 1
- Describes the Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP), which allows a client to access and manipulate electronic mail messages on a server, and permits manipulation of remote message folders.
RFC 2821 - Simple Mail Transfer Protocol
- Describes the widely implemented Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) designed to transfer mail reliably and efficiently and relay mail across transport service environments. Obsoletes RFC 821, 974, 1869.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 27, 2012 at 7:18:17 UTC -