become an editor
the entire directory
only in Protocols/Gopher
This category in other languages:
- Gopher server formerly at Point Loma Nazarene University. Splendid live links. Also featuring Veronica-2 search engine. (For gopher links like this a Gopher capable browser such as Lynx or Firefox with the Overbite extension or must be used).
Floodgap Gopher Proxy
- Public gopher-to-HTTP proxy to allow the use of web browsers to explore gopherspace.
- The Bring Back Gopher Campaign.
- "Talk Geek To Me" audiocast on making a gopher site. The Page includes a transcript of the audiocast as well as links to the audiocast in multiple formats.
- An open source search engine system for the Gopher protocol. Jugtail, formerly known as Jughead, searches one server at a time whereas Veronica doesn't have this limitation.
Jumpjet: Gopher Protocol
- Archive of important Gopher Protocol documents along with a list of client and server software for various platforms.
- Gopher server written for Lambda Moos.
- One of the most active Gopher servers on the Internet by a Gopher enthusiast. Many strange topics.
- John Goerzen's Gopher server (quux.org). Hosts important documents including information on the main mailing-list about Gopher.
- The Internet Gopher Protocol (a Distributed Document Search and Retrieval Protocol). F. Anklesaria, M. McCahill, P. Lindner, D. Johnson, D. Torrey, B. Albert. March 1993.
SDF Public Access UNIX System
- Free shell account provider, which also provides free Gopher hosting.
- Random collection of mainly humorous stuff.
Spencer Hunter's Homepage
- Example of a Gopher emulation in HTML, online since 1995. Under the "About this gopher and myself" directory is the author's own Gopher manifesto, "Why gopher is superior to the Web."
Super Dimension Fortress
- Personal GOPHERSPACE is available to all users as well as hundreds of UNIX utilities, games and networking utilities.
- Common questions and answers about Veronica, a title search and retrieval system for use with the Internet gopher.
- Gopher support demo for Synchronet, an open source BBS server. This Gopher service allows mainly a read-only access to some USENET newsgroups and other discussion boards.
- Directory provided by the sipb.mit.edu Gopher server for querying whois servers throughout the Internet. Due to a port limitation, it doesn't work with Firefox, another browser such as Lynx must be used instead.
Wikipedia: Gopher (protocol)
- Origins, decline, current status and technical details of the Gopher protocol.
- Public gopher server. Features OBI, the Online Book Initiative.
Talk Geek To Me: Gopher
- "Talk Geek To Me" audiocast on the gopher protocol and the future of gopher. The Page includes a transcript of the audiocast as well as links to the audiocast in multiple formats. (November 29, 2009)
Ars Technica: The Web may have won, but Gopher tunnels on
- Remember Gopher? The protocol predated the Web, and a hardy band of ... (November 04, 2009)
TidBITS: Down the Gopher Hole
- A brief presentation of the protocol, both its history and its current status, by an experienced Gopher system administrator. (March 19, 2007)
Usenet comp.infosystems.gopher -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 28, 2015 at 13:15:08 UTC -