the entire directory
only in Protocols/DNS
Open Directory - Computers: Internet: Protocols: DNS
Dynamic DNS Clients
Computers: Internet: Domain Names
This category in other languages:
- ADNS is a free resolver library for C (and C++) programs, released under GNU's General Public License.
DNS & BIND Resources
- Offers information about DNS and the BIND Nameserver Software from ISC. Includes links, manuals, mailing lists, RFCs and download locations.
DNS BIND Editor
- A cross platform GUI for maintaining named.conf and zone file formats used by ISC BIND.
DNS Oversimplied: How to Check Your DNS
- Step-by-step instructions on how to verify that your DNS is working properly and is error-free, even if your ISP handles your DNS.
- An extensive overview of DNS. Includes Bind [4,8,9] configuration and examples.
DNSSEC - DNS Security Extensions
- Offers information about DNSSEC: Security Extensions for DNS. Includes DNSSEC projects, articles, news, developments, presentations, howtos and RFCs.
DNSSEC Zone Key Tool
- A toolkit for secure DNS key management and zone maintenance.
Fusion DNS - Embedded Source Code
- Fusion DNS software is a resolver for embedded devices that is comprised of a library of easy-to-use routines that a client application can call to perform the domain name to IP address translation function.
Howto Become A Totally Small Time DNS Admin
- Plain text instructions on setting up administration under Linux.
IANA Root Zone Database
- The official list of all generic and country specific TLD's, with contact information for the corresponding sponsors and registries.
Incognito Software Inc.
- Incognito Software Inc. develops DNS management tools for the enterprise and service provider markets. Offers secure, scalable, and fault-tolerant DNS management software.
- A free module for Perl for resolving DNS queries.
NetworkClue - DNS & DNS Servers
- An overview on how DNS works and tutorials for installing and configuring DNS servers on Linux and Microsoft Servers.
Nixu Software Oy Ltd
- Develops and markets virtualization-ready, secure DNS and IP addressing solutions distributed as software appliances.
Putting Locations into the DNS
- How to put your latitude and longitude into your DNS configuration, plus some nifty extras, like maps.
Request For Comment 1035
- This RFC describes the details of the domain system and protocol, and assumes that the reader is familiar with the concepts discussed in a companion RFC, "Domain Names - Concepts and Facilities" [RFC-1034].
Root Server Technical Operations Assn
- Official web site of the DNS root servers. Information, including locations, ASNs, and IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, of the 13 root-servers.net systems.
Secure BIND Template v3.4
- Detailed explanation as to how to deploy a secure BIND configuration.
Securing an Internet Name Server
- Paper discussing general name server security, with a focus on BIND. By Allen Householder and Brian King of CERT/CC. [PDF]
Simple DNS Plus
- DNS server software for Windows 9x/NT/2000. Free trial version, screenshots, client testimonials, FAQ, tutorials.
The DNSSEC-Tools Project
- A set of software tools, patches, applications, wrappers, extensions, and plugins that will help ease the deployment of DNSSEC related technologies.
Tinydns and Dnscache
- A replacement for BIND - Tinydns does the authoritative nameserving, Dnscache does the recursive lookups.
- A DNS resolver written in Java.
Usenet comp.protocols.dns.bind -
Usenet comp.protocols.dns.ops -
Usenet comp.protocols.dns.std -
Usenet comp.protocols.tcp-ip.domains -
Usenet microsoft.public.windowsnt.dns -
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, November 2, 2012 1:52:58 PM EDT -