the entire directory
only in Internet/Organizations
Open Directory - Computers: Internet: Organizations
Political and Social Advocacy
Web Design and Development
Society: Issues: Science and Technology: Computers: Internet: Organizations
This category in other languages:
American Registry for Internet Numbers
- ARIN is the regional registry of IP and ASN numbers for North America, South America, the Caribbean, and sub-Saharan Africa.
Asia & Pacific Internet Association
- Trade organization whose aim is to promote the region's economy through technical conferences, informative data compilation, and development of industry standards.
Asia Pacific Network Information Centre
- Regional Internet Registry that allocates IP and AS numbers in the Asia Pacific region. Has a "whois" database that holds information on network contacts for Asia Pacific IP addresses.
Association Electronique Libre
- The AEL is a Belgian-based association whose main goal is finding and supporting non-proprietary software. Has mailing list to join.
Association for Positive Ethical eXchange (APEX)
- Organization to promote the ethical exchange of all ideas, goods or services on the internet, including award programs. Features guidelines, member list and community forum.
Association of African American Web Developers
Association of Internet Researchers
- Organization devoted to the study of the Internet and its various impacts from multidisciplinary fields. Academic based with listserv.
Berglund Center for Internet Studies
- Affiliated with Pacific University in Oregon, the Center offers fellowships for those who wish to study the impact of the Internet. Has online journal.
Berkman Center for Internet and Society
- A research program founded to explore cyberspace, share in its study, and help pioneer its development.
Computer and Communications Industry Association
- Association of computer product vendors and communications firms lobbying for free trade and open markets
- The goal of this site is to provide broad and detailed source of information on the Internet regarding standard setting and consortia. Forming a consortium, branding, articles.
Global Information Infrastructure Commission
- An initiative of the Center for Strategic and International Studies dedicated to privatizing or creating cooperative public and private enterprise to increase access to the Internet
Internet Assigned Numbers Authority
- IANA controls numbers for protocols, the Country Code Top Level Domains and maintains the IP Address allotments.
- Expanding web community by offering free tips and tutorials about HTML and DHTML, graphics editing, site promotion, digital photography, and desktop publishing. Presented often with a touch of humor, and always with examples.
Internet Developer Group
- Group based in California holds meetings and uses web site to explaining evolving Internet Technologies. Issues include: Security, Privacy, Searching, Bandwidth and alternative access media and devices.
Internet Industry Association
- Australia's national Internet industry organisation. Members include telecommunications carriers; content creators and publishers; web developers; e-commerce traders and solutions providers; hardware vendors; systems integrators; banks, insurance underwriters; Internet law firms, ISPs; educational and training institutions; Internet research analysts; and a range of other businesses providing professional and technical support services.
Internet Society Chapter of Luxembourg
- Luxembourg, Belgium Chapter of ISOC
Internet for everyone
- Internet support organization in Slovakia, for everyone, news from Slovak telecommunications, protest for cheaper Internet in Slovak Republic. "Internet pre vsetkych"
Irish Internet Association
- Offers access to seminars, discussion forums, lobbying representation, and bi-monthly digests.
Israel Internet Association
- A forum for government, industry, and individuals to debate and formulate Israel Internet network policies and procedures, with a focus for development and evolution on Internet technology.
Network Startup Resource Center
- A non-profit organization which has been involved for over a decade in the deployment and integration of appropriate networking technology in projects throughout Asia, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, the Middle East, and Oceania.
People For Internet Responsibility
- People For Internet Responsibility (PFIR) is a global, grassroots, ad hoc network of individuals who are concerned about the current and future operations, development, management, and regulation of the Internet in responsible manners. The goal of PFIR is to help provide a resource for individuals around the world to help impact crucial Internet issues. Has mailing list.
RFC Editor Homepage
- The official RFC editing organization maintained by IANA. Website includes a fully searchable archive of all RFCs.
The CreekBed Project
- A grass roots organization of individuals who are enthusiastic about the Internet and want to encourage the growth of informational, educational and non-commercial websites.
The Internet Engineering Task Force
- Large open international community of network designers, operators, vendors, and researchers concerned with the evolution of the Internet architecture and the smooth operation of the Internet. It is open to any interested individual.
US Internet Industry Association
- Provides education on Internet and technology issues, advocates effective public policy for the Internet, and offers its members essential business news, information, support, services, and access to an legislative database.
Union for Representative International Internet Cooperation and Analysis
- An offshoot of People For Internet Responsibility (PFIR) working to promote an organization which will provide international direction and regulation for the Internet. Discussion Board.
Web Hypertext Application Technology Working Group (WATWG)
- An unofficial collaboration of Web browser manufacturers and interested parties who wish to develop new technologies designed to allow authors to write and deploy Applications over the World Wide Web. Includes charter, news, specifications, and demonstrations.
- This site is a resource for female (and male) web designers, developers and programmers, featuring tips and tutorials on a variety of Web related subjects. Features several mailing lists including one for Java script.
Women Designers Group
- An all encompassing site for women involved in web site development, from design to programming. Has news, jobs, tutorials for web designers. Can join mailing list.
- A community of communications and computing professionals. Tutorials and Resources for web developers and internet publishers.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, July 19, 2010 5:08:47 AM EDT -