the entire directory
only in Weblogs/Resources
On the Web
Chats and Forums
FAQs, Help and Tutorials
Computers: Internet: Web Design and Development: Promotion
News: Media Industry: Participatory: Resources
This category in other languages:
About.com - Weblogs
- Articles, popular weblog profiles, tutorials, a forum, FAQ, and a weblog directory.
Ad Free Blog Organizaton
- Banner for those who want to show they oppose corporate ads on blogs.
- Topical directory of blogging resources including templates, ad services and communities.
- Reviews all things related to weblogs including (but not restricted to) hosting, tools, applications, and promotional sites.
The Blog Herald
- A weblog on the world of blogging.
- A tongue-in-cheek look at fame in the blogosphere.
- Listings of jobs for bloggers.
- A blogging portal, offering bloggers support, advice, tools, tips and information about blogs and blogging.
- Reports on blogging news and trends.
- A collection of links to blogging resources such as plugins, hacks, news, and themes.
- A moderated mailing list for promoting blogs, weblogs, and online journals and diaries.
- Fantasy weblog stock game, where weblog value is based on hits and links.
- An engine that tracks blogs and drives highly targeted organic traffic to the blogs that it tracks.
- Listing weblog work and jobs.
- Text advertising network allows bloggers to insert ads into their main site or RSS feeds.
CyberJournalist.net: A Bloggers' Code of Ethics
- Created a model Bloggers' Code of Ethics, by modifying the Society of Professional Journalists Code of Ethics for the weblog world.
The Daily Meme
- The one site you need for memes, quizzes and other writing suggestions for your web site.
Deconstructing "You've Got Blog"
- Reading between the lines of Rebecca Mead's November 2000 New Yorker article on Weblog culture.
EFF: Bloggers' Rights
- Electronic Frontier Foundation's basic roadmap to the legal issues you may confront as a blogger, to let you know you have rights, and to encourage you to weblog freely.
- All about participatory journalism: how audiences are changing the future of news and information.
- Robert French teaches and writes about public relations and multimedia at Auburn University in Alabama. This weblog is written primarily for his students but is available for all to read. Many posts are about blogging itself.
Into the Blogosphere
- An online, edited collection of essays which explores discursive, visual, social, and other communicative features of weblogs.
Into the Blogosphere: Rhetoric, Community, and Culture of Weblogs: Blogging as Social Action: A Genre Analysis of the Weblog
- Paper by Carolyn R. Miller and Dawn Shepherd, North Carolina State University. "Why did blogging catch on so quickly and so widely? What motivates someone to begin and continue a weblog? What audience(s) do bloggers address? Who actually reads blogs and why? In short, what rhetorical work do blogs perform and for whom? And how do blogs perform this work? What features and elements make the weblog recognizable and functional? A genre analysis of the weblog will begin to answer these questions."
ISSN for Weblogs
- How to sign up your weblog for an International Standard Serial Number, adding it to the standardized worldwide encyclopedia of periodicals.
Journalism's New Life Forms
- Links to various weblog resources and related items. Weblog news, not updated frequently.
- A group dedicated to the discussion of weblogs for knowledge management and collaborative groupware within corporations and non-profit organizations.
- Mike Sanders looks at life through the weblog.
- A weblog-style site with news of blogging, new media, thin media, Google and other web stuff. Packaged and presented in Michael Heraghty's style.
- Notes on Web design, content, software processes, and other tidbits.
- Aimed towards enlightening the world through our blogging, Blog ng Bayan is an online community Filipino bloggers.
- Writing about weblogs, online social networks, social software, knowledge sharing, online publishing, and software tools.
- The search for innovation in newspapers. This weblog explores where we've gone wrong and what we're doing right, with an eye toward rewriting the future of newspapers.
Web Publishing Blog
- Andrew's goal is to build Internet businesses that will be models to the future of publishing.
Weblog Kitchen: Weblog Theory
- Addresses scholarship about wikis, weblogs, and related phenomena.
Ariadne - Weblog Search Engines
- Phil Bradley looks at the developments occurring with weblogs and how to go about searching on or for them. (July 30, 2003)
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 28, 2014 at 8:45:05 UTC -