become an editor
the entire directory
only in Weblogs/Resources
On the Web
Open Directory - Computers: Internet: On the Web: Weblogs: Resources
Chats and Forums
FAQs, Help and Tutorials
Arts: Writers Resources: Non-Fiction: Journalism
Computers: Internet: Web Design and Development: Promotion
News: Media Industry: Participatory: Resources
This category in other languages:
About.com - Weblogs
- Articles, popular weblog profiles, tutorials, a forum, FAQ, and a weblog directory.
Ad Free Blog Organizaton
- Banner for those who want to show they oppose corporate ads on blogs.
- Aggregates books that are mentioned on weblogs and provides insight into what the weblog community is reading at the moment.
Being A Blogger
- Features interviews of bloggers, articles about web logs, blogging, bloggers, online marketing, search engine optimization and freelancing tips.
Blog Business World
- Blogging about blogs in business, marketing, public relations, and search engine optimization for successful entrepreneurs
- Topical directory of blogging resources including templates, ad services and communities.
- Reviews all things related to weblogs including (but not restricted to) hosting, tools, applications, and promotional sites.
- One day annually, blog surfers will find themselves leaping and discovering new, unknown Blogs, celebrating the discovery of new people and new bloggers.
- A moderated mailing list for promoting blogs, weblogs, and online journals and diaries.
- Fantasy weblog stock game, where weblog value is based on hits and links.
- An engine that tracks blogs and drives highly targeted organic traffic to the blogs that it tracks.
- Listing weblog work and jobs.
- Catalogs efforts to answer questions about the size and nature of the blogosphere.
- A tongue-in-cheek look at fame in the blogosphere.
- Listings of jobs for bloggers.
- A blogging portal, offering bloggers support, advice, tools, tips and information about blogs and blogging.
- A conference about weblogs with a focus on weblogs in journalism, education, science, business and politics.
- Reports on blogging news and trends.
- An overview of the development of weblogs and an introduction to the ways you might use a weblog.
- A collection of links to blogging resources such as plugins, hacks, news, and themes.
- Text advertising network allows bloggers to insert ads into their main site or RSS feeds.
CyberJournalist.net: A Bloggers' Code of Ethics
- Created a model Bloggers' Code of Ethics, by modifying the Society of Professional Journalists Code of Ethics for the weblog world.
Deconstructing "You've Got Blog"
- Reading between the lines of Rebecca Mead's November 2000 New Yorker article on Weblog culture.
EFF: Bloggers' Rights
- Electronic Frontier Foundation's basic roadmap to the legal issues you may confront as a blogger, to let you know you have rights, and to encourage you to weblog freely.
- All about participatory journalism: how audiences are changing the future of news and information.
ISSN for Weblogs
- How to sign up your weblog for an International Standard Serial Number, adding it to the standardized worldwide encyclopedia of periodicals.
Into the Blogosphere
- An online, edited collection of essays which explores discursive, visual, social, and other communicative features of weblogs.
Into the Blogosphere: Rhetoric, Community, and Culture of Weblogs: Blogging as Social Action: A Genre Analysis of the Weblog
- Paper by Carolyn R. Miller and Dawn Shepherd, North Carolina State University. "Why did blogging catch on so quickly and so widely? What motivates someone to begin and continue a weblog? What audience(s) do bloggers address? Who actually reads blogs and why? In short, what rhetorical work do blogs perform and for whom? And how do blogs perform this work? What features and elements make the weblog recognizable and functional? A genre analysis of the weblog will begin to answer these questions."
Journalism's New Life Forms
- Links to various weblog resources and related items. Weblog news, not updated frequently.
- A group dedicated to the discussion of weblogs for knowledge management and collaborative groupware within corporations and non-profit organizations.
- Mike Sanders looks at life through the weblog.
- A weblog-style site with news of blogging, new media, thin media, Google and other web stuff. Packaged and presented in Michael Heraghty's style.
- Notes on Web design, content, software processes, and other tidbits.
- Aimed towards enlightening the world through our blogging, Blog ng Bayan is an online community Filipino bloggers.
- Writing about weblogs, online social networks, social software, knowledge sharing, online publishing, and software tools.
- The search for innovation in newspapers. This weblog explores where we've gone wrong and what we're doing right, with an eye toward rewriting the future of newspapers.
The Blog Herald
- A weblog on the world of blogging.
The Daily Meme
- The one site you need for memes, quizzes and other writing suggestions for your web site.
The Social Software Weblog
- Social software news. Community portals online.
Web Publishing Blog
- Andrew's goal is to build Internet businesses that will be models to the future of publishing.
Weblog Kitchen: Weblog Theory
- Addresses scholarship about wikis, weblogs, and related phenomena.
- Robert French teaches and writes about public relations and multimedia at Auburn University in Alabama. This weblog is written primarily for his students but is available for all to read. Many posts are about blogging itself.
Ariadne - Weblog Search Engines
- Phil Bradley looks at the developments occurring with weblogs and how to go about searching on or for them. (July 30, 2003)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, September 27, 2012 11:00:37 PM EDT -