become an editor
the entire directory
only in Message_Boards/Google_Groups
On the Web
Open Directory - Computers: Internet: On the Web: Message Boards: Google Groups
Computers: Companies: Google, Inc.
Computers: Usenet: Web Based
- Enables users to search and browse the Usenet archives which consist of over 700 million messages, and post new comments.
Google Groups Simplifier
- Simplifies Google Groups' URLs for easier inclusion in e-mails/posts/web pages. With bookmarklet.
BBC News: Digital History Saved
- "Millions of messages posted on electronic bulletin boards over the past 20 years have been saved from digital oblivion." (December 14, 2001)
NewsBreaks: Google Seeks to Restore Deja Functionality
- Richard W. Wiggins' article: "Since the February acquisition, Google has restored some of the lost searching functionality, and the company also says that by mid-May users of the Google Usenet index will have the ability to post new messages." (May 14, 2001)
The Write News: Google Provides Access to Full Usenet Archives
- Google, a provider of search technology, announced that it has integrated the full Usenet archive formerly maintained by Deja.com with recent posts to provide complete access to Usenet data since 1995. (May 04, 2001)
New York Times: Privacy Concerns for Google Archive
- Susan Stellin's article: "Being able to search archived postings online raises questions about the implications of increasingly sophisticated search technology." (April 07, 2001)
CNet: Deja.com Struggles After Google Buyout
- Stefanie Olsen's article: "Deja.com, a popular newsgroup search service, has been hit with glitches after its buyout this week by Web search provider Google, ruffling the feathers of some longtime customers." (February 15, 2001)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 19, 2013 at 18:26:39 UTC -