become an editor
the entire directory
only in People/Barlow,_John_Perry
Barlow, John Perry
Arts: Music: Bands and Artists: G: Grateful Dead
Computers: Internet: Cyberspace
Society: Issues: Science and Technology: Computers: Internet: Digital Divide
Cyberspace Independence Declaration
- Barlow's manifesto posted to the net on February 8, 1996, the day after the Telecom Reform Act of 1996 was signed into law.
The Debate Over Internet Governance: John Perry Barlow
- Barlow's comments on ICANN, the marketplace of ideas, laws in cyberspace, government vs. governance, and the future.
Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF)
- Non-profit, non-partisan organization, founded by Mitch Kapor and John Perry Barlow, working to protect fundamental civil liberties, including privacy and freedom of expression, in the arena of computers and the Internet.
The Hacker Crackdown: The Civil Libertarians
- Part four of the electronic release of Bruce Sterling's book detailing how illicit copies of Apple source code led to the FBI visiting Barlow and triggered the founding of the EFF.
Arnold King: Bobos in Camden
- Essays on the Pop!Tech 2000 Conference, including one on Barlow's comment that "India gets it" and his selective reality. (October 30, 2000)
The Music Magazine: Grateful for a Virtual Apple Pie
- A review of Barlow's talk in Bangalore. (October 23, 2000)
The Atlantic: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Copyright?
- A roundtable on the future of intellectual property and copyright law in the digital age with panelists Barlow, Lawrence Lessig, Charles C. Mann, and Mark Stefik. (September 10, 1998)
Shambhala Sun: John Perry Barlow
- An interview by Bell Hooks on personal and metaphysical topics. (September 01, 1995)
Wired: The Economy of Ideas
- An article by Barlow about patents and copyrights in the Digital Age. (March 01, 1994)
Barlow, John Perry
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 19, 2015 at 8:45:04 UTC -