become an editor
the entire directory
only in History/People
Barlow, John Perry
Muuss, Michael John
Computers: Hacking: People
Computers: History: Pioneers
- Suresh Chanmugam provides pictures of the team which set up this computer network at Harvard, with a note of its history.
- Personal site of the man who co-founded the Electronic Frontier Foundation and started the alt.* Usenet hierarchy. Includes his political views, thoughts on drugs, a biography and press mentions.
- Profiles by Scott Griffin of ten individuals who helped make the Internet a reality.
- Personal site of the man who thought up the principles of packet switching. Includes a biography and a list of publications.
- The chairman and chief technology officer of Caspian Networks is recognized as one of the foremost authorities on packet switching and network. Includes biography and publications.
Wikipedia : Cailliau, Robert
- A Belgian computer scientist who, together with Sir Tim Berners-Lee, developed the World Wide Web.
- USA Today's tribute to the creator of Usenet, who died from non-Hodgkins lymphoma. (June 29, 2001)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 22, 2011 at 11:37:03 UTC -