become an editor
the entire directory
only in News_and_Media/1998
News and Media
ORBS antispam site shut down
- The war on unsolicited email suffered a setback this week as a spam-blocking site was bounced off the Web. [News.com] (December 01, 1998)
When is email marketing spam?
- Like it or not, email is still the best way to reach a mass online audience--and even community sites and online services are willing to use it. [CNET] (August 31, 1998)
Antislamming act draws fire
- A House Commerce subcommittee today approved by voice vote the Consumer Antislamming Act, containing controversial provisions aimed at protecting Net users from junk email that antispammers say actually legitimize spam. [CNET] (August 06, 1998)
Spammers jump gun on legislation
- Spammers claim legitimacy with disclaimers that imply their mass emailings comply with the Consumer Antislamming Act. [CNET] (August 03, 1998)
Settlement in First Antispam Law
- Stan Smith of Salem, Oregon, had never heard of junk email, let alone "spam" or any laws banning it. He just wanted to spread the word about Tahitian noni juice, which he says is pretty much a miracle cure for a wide variety of ailments. [CNET] (July 16, 1998)
Reward offered to find spammer
- Wanted: One spammer. Reward offered. A San Diego software engineer whose had it with people using his domain name "live.net" to send out spam is offering a $100 reward to anyone who can deliver the offending parties--or at least their names--to him. [CNET] (July 07, 1998)
Three ways to spamproof your in-box
- PROBLEM: You're drowning in unsolicited e-mail messages. SOLUTION: Filter your incoming e-mail, contact your Internet service provider, and hunt down the culprits. [CNN] (June 30, 1998)
Would you accept spam in exchange for lower Net costs?
- Would you cheerfully open your e-mail in-box to all the spam you can stand in exchange for a cut-rate ISP account? [CNN] (June 23, 1998)
On the beat with the Internet spam cops
- [CNN] (June 19, 1998)
E-mail overload drives many users bananas
- Try to imagine your e-mail in-box accumulating 300 to 600 messages - not while you are away on vacation, but every day. [CNN] (June 18, 1998)
I Don't Like Spam
- by Jeff Johnson [CPSR] (February 03, 1998)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 15, 2012 at 12:05:04 UTC -