the entire directory
only in E-mail/Spam
News and Media
Computers: Internet: Abuse
Computers: Internet: E-mail: Marketing
Computers: Software: Internet: Site Management
Home: Consumer Information: Advocacy and Protection: Junk Mail and Telemarketing
Society: Issues: Business: Advertising
This category in other languages:
Fight Spam on the Internet
- Includes information regarding laws, filtering, spam prevention, and responsible marketing, as well as information and advice about how to complain about spam. Laws, anti-spam information, and links to other resources.
- List of contact information of spammers
- Tips and resource links to help fight spam.
The Campaign to Stop Junk Email
- Strategies and tactics to deal with and prevent junk e-mail.
Death to Spam
- Techniques to deal with unwanted e-mail
- An argument against using MAPS, encouraging ISPs to individually control spam instead of relying on central services.
Get that spammer!
- A tool for tracking down junk e-mailers, junk news posters and their internet service providers.
Junk E-mail and Spam
- Information on deciphering spam, complaining about it, and filtering e-mail.
Limiting Unsolicited Bulk Email
- Anti-spam resources include papers examining the problem of bulk e-mail and links to other organizations.
My Encounter With Search Spam On Blogger
- Blogger makes it easy to create spam that clogs search results but does not make it easy to report the spam or even to be sure that Blogger cares that accounts are used that way.
NANAE FAQ: Advice For Newsgroup Posting
- Advice to visitors to Usenet News Group news.admin.net-abuse.email to ensure a good and helpful experience.
Paul Graham : A Plan For Spam
- Article outlining Paul Graham's proposal, and spam FAQs.
The Rules of Spam
- A cynical set of rules generated from a discussion in the newsgroup NANAE, news.admin.net-abuse.email.
ScamBuster's Stop Spam
- Editors of Internet ScamBusters present tips and resources to reduce spam.
Spam Fighting Tips, Tricks and Secrets
- Dealing with unsolicited email messages.
Spam Laws - US and European
- United States, European Union, and other countries' laws and pending legislation regarding unsolicited commercial email.
The Spam Tools Mailing List
- List for developers of tools to prevent spam.
Spam, Scams and Relevant Resources
- Links to resources on preventing and tracking spam.
- Spam-related mailing list. Includes subscription information, and FAQ.
The Story of "Nadine" -- A Tale of Mailing Lists
- Account of what happened after an Internet user accidentally gave a wrong email address when she visited a web page and signed up for a sweepstakes.
- A consumer news and information web site chronicling one Oklahoma ISP’s fight over illegal spam
That Pesky and Obnoxious Spam
- Witches against spam. Article about spam laws.
Wikipedia - Spamming
- Provides a general overview of the spamming phenomenon. Links to articles which discuss the techniques of spammers on particular media: Internet e-mail, instant messaging, Usenet newsgroups, Web search engines, weblogs, and mobile phone messaging. Another article describes ways of stopping e-mail abuse.
Yahoo Anti-spam Club
- A Yahoo Club for the anti-spam community. Publicly-viewable group discussion, news and links.
SSRN-Spam Works: Evidence from Stock Touts and Corresponding Market Activity
- Article by Laura Frieder and Jonathan Zittrain assessing the impact of stock-tout spam upon trading activity and how profitable such spamming might be. (January 21, 2007)
Bankrate: 9 Most Popular Email Hoaxes
- Amy C. Fleitas describes untrue spam stories arriving in inboxes daily. (April 13, 2004)
- News about spam, collected from various sources on the web. [RSS]
Usenet alt.spam -
Usenet news.admin.net-abuse.email -
Usenet news.admin.net-abuse.sightings -
Usenet spamcop.help -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 5, 2016 at 6:15:09 UTC -