become an editor
the entire directory
only in Internet/Child_Safety
For Kids and Teens
Windows Keylogger Shareware
Windows Parental Control Shareware
Computers: Internet: Proxying and Filtering: Content Filtering
Computers: Security: Products and Tools: Monitoring
Computers: Software: Internet: Monitoring
Home: Consumer Information: Computers and Internet: Security
Home: Family: Parenting: Child Safety
Society: Issues: Children, Youth and Family: Child Abuse: Prevention
This category in other languages:
- Helping the youth of today prepare for tomorrow. Providing parents, children and teens information on internet safety.
AOL Parental Controls
- Free Parental Control software for kids and teens, available at no charge. Features activity reports, internet filters, an online timer and instant messaging controls.
Be Web Aware
- Tutorial and tips for parents on the benefits and risks of being on the Internet.
Carnegie Cyber Academy
- Site created by Carnegie Mellon University that teaches about Internet safety through games and earned awards. Also a resource center for students and teachers.
- Provides the ability to trace the location of predators for reporting to authorities.
Child Safety FAQ
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ) about child safety on the internet.
Child Safety Network
- Providing free tools and information to help parents keep their children safe.
Children's Internet Protection Act
- US Congress Bill S.97 requiring schools and libraries to introduce filtering software for internet-connected computers.
Common Sense Media
- Information to help children stay safe and smart while using the Internet.
- Free online tool designed to check computer for objectionable content.
Crawler Parental Control
- Software to monitor and control your child's software usage and internet browsing, regulate the times when they can use the computer and internet, and hide content on your computer that you don't want them to see.
- A resource focusing on Safety matters. Offers guidance for parents, and provides information and solutions to common internet safety issues.
Cyberbullying Research and Resources
- Presents research statistics, tips, prevention strategies, stories, fact sheets, handouts, and other downloads to combat cyber bullying.
- A downloadable ebook about Internet child safety. Written by a police detective, it teaches parents to protect their children from becoming a victim, or from victimizing others while on the Internet.
- Online workshops aimed at educators, provides guidance for helping students use the Internet safely, responsibly, and effectively.
- Educational online safety resource, including an animated DVD and student workbook to teach young children online safety. Made by cops for kids.
- Gives parents control over what their children are doing online. Free and full versions available.
- A public service brought by Internet industry corporations and public interest organizations to help insure that families have safe, constructive, educational and entertaining online experiences.
i-SAFE America, Inc.
- Incorporates classroom curriculum with dynamic community outreach to empower students, teachers, parents, law enforcement, and concerned adults to make the Internet a safer place.
- Includes safety, security and ethics tools and resources for helping families and educators teach children to use the internet safely and wisely.
- Providing contact details and resources for reporting online child abuse in many countries around the world.
- Site of the European Union's Insafe network, a part of the EU Safer Internet Plus programme. News, press releases and links concerning Internet safety. Gathers information from the National Awareness nodes involved in the programme. Insafe coordinates Safer Internet Day world-wide.
- A list of internet filtering products and comparison data for parents and teachers.
Internet Safety for Kids - Trend Micro USA
- TrendMicro's website for online safety tips and guidance for parents of children that access online resources.
Keep Your Kids Safe on the Internet
- Companion site to the book 'Keep Your Kids Safe on the Internet'. Shows parents how to protect from pedophiles, pornography, pop-ups, viruses and spyware.
- Razzul is a kid-friendly browser, offering access to pre-approved sites and spam-free email. Parents can also review their child's internet usage and communications.
Kid Print Solutions
- Provider of ForensicPrint Child ID Software, a digital ID solution for protection against child abduction.
Kid Safe Mail
- Child safe email experience without spam, pornography or viruses.
- Practical online safety advice for teachers and parents, with lesson plans, online activities and resources.
- Filtered email service, offering graphical mail tools for youngsters. Parents have control over incoming messages, mail from unknown senders can be quarantined.
- Free web environment for children, allowing controlled access to safe internet content including videos, games, email. Parents can personalize content. Available in 17 languages.
- A safe email service enabling parents to protect their children online.
- Software and USB key combination for controlling children's computer access. Includes web filtering, event logging, application restriction, time limits.
- Offering internet browser software designed for kids aged 3 to 9 years. Allows parents to control the websites their children access.
My Kids Browser
- Offer web browser software that restricts children's access to white listed sites. Free trial available. Based in Provo, Utah. [Windows]
- Child-safe Internet browser for Windows. Includes site blocking, time limits, controls access to other programs.
Net Family News
- A weekly electronic news service to inform and educate parents, families and caregivers of children who spend time online.
- Educational resource from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Discusses various Internet safety topics.
Nippy Web Browser
- Free browser designed for pre-school children with peer-reviewed content and support website. Browser hides desktop to prevent access.
- Parental control software to filter internet content and prevent harmful sites and downloads. Can also help to manage time children are spending online.
The Police Notebook
- A law enforcement site promoting safety and crime prevention for kids.
- Parental control software designed to detect and remove pornography and various forms of other inappropriate material from a computer system. Uses analytical techniques to correctly isolate nudity and 'porn' files from standard ones.
- Internet Dangers section highlights the primary dangers to kids online with specific focus on the sexual exploitation of children.
- Software with internet filtering, monitoring, logging, application control and time controls. Also Ethershield enterprise level filtering hardware.
Safe OnLine Outreach
- A repository of information, research, resources, links and media reports regarding online sexual exploitation and internet safety.
- A parent controlled, supervised kids email service for younger children. Children's email can be sent using webmail or an email client and parents can manage the supervision from their regular email address or the web.
- Contains information about the dangers of children using the internet. Rules, advice, and tips relating to child security and the web.
- An email service aimed at children, designed to prevent spam and unwanted senders. Utilizes filtering and parental moderation, with various degrees of oversight.
- A guide to teen safety on the Internet.
- Internet safety resource developed by AOL, featuring industry experts who provide parents, teens and kids with information and tools to help keep themselves and their family safer online.
- Monitor and limit computer use by a schedule. See everything, web, e-mail, chat, and instant messages both on and off the Internet.
Street Smart Kidz
- Provides advice on internet safety, rules for schoolchildren, tips for parents, preventing child abuse.
- Child Safe internet access product designed with total child internet safety in mind.
Surfing Safely for Children
- Page of hints and tips concerning safe internet usage for children, including pointers for parents.
TechMission Safe Families
- Provides free parental control and internet filtering software, online safety and training resources.
- A site featuring the work and activities of a group of teenage online safety ambassadors who educate others about internet safety.
Think U Know
- An interactive programme for children, teens, parents and other adults, with age-specific games, warnings, and advice.
- Free resource focusing on Internet safety, help and education for Internet users of all ages; provides information and solutions to online safety issues such as identity theft, scams, fraud, child pornography, cyberstalking, cyberbullying, hacking, phishing, spyware and viruses.
- A variety of online safety information, as well as online and offline projects involving organizations like Disney. Aimed at both adults and children.
- Works with communities, libraries, youth organisations, local education authorities, schools and businesses throughout Wales and elsewhere, to raise awareness of positive and safe Internet use.
- Email service for families, with a range of parental control features.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 12, 2015 at 20:45:09 UTC -