become an editor
the entire directory
only in Abuse/Referrer_Spam
Computers: Internet: Abuse: Comment Spam
Computers: Software: Groupware: Wiki: Wikispam
Added Bytes: Block Referrer Spam
- Dave Child provides a blacklist of spamming sites which can be used in an .htaccess file on an Apache server to block referrer spam.
- A free tool by Michael Campbell to stop comment and referrer spam by serving up an access denied response to spammer's bots.
Capn Design Archives: Referrer Spam is Out of Control
- Weblog entry with a few coding suggestions and examples to thwart the spammers.
MetaFilter - Referer Log Spam
- Talks about companies like mastodonte.com and their business models of spamming referrer logs.
Referrer Log Spamming
- Brief description of the technique and the purpose, with some examples.
Sam Ruby: Referrer Spam
- Weblog entry discussing ongoing problems and solutions.
Redemption in a Blog: Smarter Referrer Spam?
- Blatant referrer spam may be evolving into more a subtle game. (April 06, 2004)
Wired: When the Spam Hits the Blogs
- Strange things are afoot in blogland. Owners of weblogs have recently noticed that their referral logs have become the newest target for spam. (October 26, 2002)
kuro5hin.org - Referrer log spam
- An early article noting website visits from spammers. (May 31, 2001)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 3, 2012 at 6:15:04 UTC -