become an editor
the entire directory
only in Abuse/Denial_of_Service
Denial of Service
Open Directory - Computers: Internet: Abuse: Denial of Service
Computers: Security: Advisories and Patches
Computers: Security: Firewalls
Computers: Security: Mailing Lists
Computers: Security: News and Media
BitPipe.com: Denial of Service Attacks
- Research the latest Denial of Service Attacks technologies, tools and techniques. Read white papers, case studies, webcasts and product information from multiple vendors.
Black Lotus DDoS Protection
- Provider of turn-key DDoS protection solutions.
CERT Advisory CA-2000-01 Denial-of-Service Developments
- Denial of Service developments including description, impact, and solutions.
- Strategies to protect against distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks. This article applies primarily to sites using Cisco equipment.
- An illustrated white paper describing Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack methodology and prevention.
Denial of Service (DoS) Resource Page
- Collection of articles and links about Denial of Service attacks.
Denial of Service Help Page
- Advice for victims of Denial Of Service Attacks, geared towards users of IRC (Internet Relay Chat).
- Description of DDoS and prevention resources from Wikipedia Encyclopedia.
Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Attacks/tools
- A community managed resource for distributed denial of service attack related information and prevention tools.
Distributed Denial of Service - Protecting Critical Systems
- White paper describing and giving detailed information on distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks and prevention and intervention methods. Illustrated.
Microsoft Windows Update
- Latest bug fixes for Microsoft Windows, including fixes for some possible DoS attacks.
Network Ingress Filtering
- A simple, effective, and straightforward method for network administrators to prohibit DoS attacks which use forged IP addresses.
Smurf Amplifier Registry
- Software lets you probe Internet connected IP networks to see whether or not they are configured in a way that will allow perpetrators to use them for smurf amplification.
Smurf Attack Information
- White paper describing and providing practical information on how to minimize the effects of smurf attacks.
- An analysis of the DoS Project's trin00 master/slave programs, which implement a distributed network denial of service tool.
Understanding Denial-of-Service Attacks
- A brief overview on identifying DoS attacks from the US-CERT (United States Computer Emergency Response Team).
Whatis Definition of Denial of Service
- Definition plus discussion of various types of DoS attacks and how they work, including Buffer Overflow, SYN, Teardrop and Smurf.
- Free, open source tool that can tell a zombie system to stop flooding. Zombie Zapper works against Trinoo, TFN, Stacheldraht, Troj_Trinoo (the trinoo daemon ported to Windows), and Shaft.
CERT Incident Note: DoS Attacks Using Nameservers
- Description of how intruders use name servers to execute packet flooding denial of service attacks. (January 15, 2001)
- An analysis of "stacheldraht", a distributed denial of service attack tool, based on source code from the "Tribe Flood Network" distributed denial of service attack tool. (December 31, 1999)
Denial of Service
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 7, 2014 at 4:11:16 UTC -