become an editor
the entire directory
only in Abuse/Comment_Spam
Open Directory - Computers: Internet: Abuse: Comment Spam
Computers: Internet: Abuse: Referrer Spam
Computers: Software: Groupware: Wiki: Wikispam
- A plugin which identifies and blocks comment and trackback spam on blogs with integration to various blogging systems.
- An open source a PHP-based solution for blocking link spam and the robots which deliver it by analyzing the delivery method as well as the software the spammer is using instead of looking at the content of potential spam.
Blog Spam Database
- Database of URLs and phrases often used by spammers, along with links to related resources and a discussion forum.
Kalsey Consulting Group - Comment Spam Manifesto
- Weblogger crystallizes the thoughts of many in declaring a cyberwar on those who inappropriately post in guestbooks and weblogs.
Learning Movable Type: Concerning Spam
- Types of spam seen on blogs.
No Guestbook Spam Anymore
- Offers instructions for webmasters for avoiding and eliminating spam in guestbook.
Stop Forum Spam
- Provides statistics and various information about persistent spammers on message boards and blogs.
- Provides an open source antispam plug-in for Movable Type and WordPress.
Jeremy Zawodny's Blog: Using mod_rewrite against comment spam bots
- Very short tutorial. (January 08, 2005)
OJR : Bloggers Declare War on Comment Spam, but Can They Win?
- "Here's a look at the battle so far." (September 16, 2004)
Internetnews.com - Six Apart Trains Guns on 'Comment Spam'
- The blog tools vendor Six Apart plans to roll out an open online authentication system to fight the growing phenomenon of comment spam. (March 25, 2004)
Wired - Googlemania: The (Evil) Genius of Comment Spammers
- Background of the phenomenon of comment spam and how bloggers responded. (March 01, 2004)
MSNBC - Spammers now clogging blogs, IM
- Spam has never been limited to e-mail. But now, commercial pitches are increasingly popping up in online chats, instant messages, cell phones with text messaging and weblog comments. (November 14, 2003)
BBC News - How spammers are targeting blogs
- Spammers are turning their attention to weblogs, angering technology analyst Bill Thompson. He calls it "flyblogging." (October 24, 2003)
Jeremy Zawodny's Blog - Guerilla Tactics Against Blog Comment Spammers
- Suggestion that bloggers create posts that target the same spammy phrases that blog spammers want Google to find. (October 06, 2003)
Wired: When the Spam Hits the Blogs
- Owners of weblogs have recently noticed that their referral logs have become the newest target for spam. (October 26, 2002)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 7, 2014 at 4:11:19 UTC -