become an editor
the entire directory
only in Abuse/Comment_Spam
Computers: Internet: Abuse: Referrer Spam
Computers: Software: Groupware: Wiki: Wikispam
- A plugin which identifies and blocks comment and trackback spam on blogs with integration to various blogging systems.
- An open source a PHP-based solution for blocking link spam and the robots which deliver it by analyzing the delivery method as well as the software the spammer is using instead of looking at the content of potential spam.
Blog Spam Database
- Database of URLs and phrases often used by spammers, along with links to related resources and a discussion forum.
- A spam protection service for websites.
Comment Spam Wiper
- Comment protection for your site.
- Instead of CAPTCHA we insert an advertising image.
No Guestbook Spam Anymore
- Offers instructions for webmasters for avoiding and eliminating spam in guestbook.
Project Honey Pot
- A free, distributed service that tracks comment spammers and allows website administrators to block them through its http:BL service.
- Spam huntress dissects blogspam.
Stop Forum Spam
- Provides statistics and various information about persistent spammers on message boards and blogs.
- Provides an open source antispam plug-in for Movable Type and WordPress.
Google - Keeping comment spam off your site and away from users
- Recommendations from Google Webmaster Central on captchas, automatic filtering, and other anti-spam tactics. (September 26, 2008)
Learning Movable Type: Concerning Spam
- Types of spam seen on blogs. (February 09, 2006)
Jeremy Zawodny's Blog: Using mod_rewrite against comment spam bots
- Very short tutorial. (January 08, 2005)
OJR : Bloggers Declare War on Comment Spam, but Can They Win?
- "Here's a look at the battle so far." (September 16, 2004)
Internetnews.com - Six Apart Trains Guns on 'Comment Spam'
- The blog tools vendor Six Apart plans to roll out an open online authentication system to fight the growing phenomenon of comment spam. (March 25, 2004)
Wired - Googlemania: The (Evil) Genius of Comment Spammers
- Background of the phenomenon of comment spam and how bloggers responded. (March 01, 2004)
NBC News - Spammers now clogging blogs, IM
- Spam has never been limited to e-mail. But now, commercial pitches are increasingly popping up in online chats, instant messages, cell phones with text messaging and weblog comments. (November 14, 2003)
Kalsey Consulting Group - Comment Spam Manifesto
- Weblogger crystallizes the thoughts of many in declaring a cyberwar on those who inappropriately post in guestbooks and weblogs. (November 08, 2003)
BBC News - How spammers are targeting blogs
- Spammers are turning their attention to weblogs, angering technology analyst Bill Thompson. He calls it "flyblogging." (October 24, 2003)
Jeremy Zawodny's Blog - Guerilla Tactics Against Blog Comment Spammers
- Suggestion that bloggers create posts that target the same spammy phrases that blog spammers want Google to find. (October 06, 2003)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 30, 2015 at 1:38:52 UTC -