become an editor
the entire directory
only in Abuse/CAPTCHA
Open Directory - Computers: Internet: Abuse: CAPTCHA
Computers: Internet: Abuse
Computers: Internet: Abuse: Comment Spam
Computers: Internet: E-mail: Spam: Preventing
This category in other languages:
- Open source system that uses spatial cognition abilities of humans to differentiate them from machines.
CAPTCHA: Telling Humans and Computers Apart Automatically
- Includes demonstrations, research papers, and news.
- PHP Captcha Script that generates unique captcha images to stop automated submissions, highly customizable, easy to install and configure.
Inaccessibility of CAPTCHA
- A W3C Working Group Note explaining how CAPTCHAs can present a major obstacle to users who have limited vision or a learning disability such as dyslexia. This document examines a number of potential solutions and alternative systems.
- An open source Java framework for captcha definition and site integration. Project information, documentation, issue tracker, and download.
- Open source PHP script for generating image CAPTCHAs with audio alternatives. Includes documentation, a gallery and an online demonstration. [LGPL]
- Offers a free and open source PHP script to reduce spam, also contains a detailed article about CAPTCHAs.
- Explains how captcha features can keep spammers from signing up for certain accounts online, such as email or weblogs. Explains how the system can be circumvented as well.
- A captcha system that uses successful decodings to helps digitise books for online use. Background, and details on how to incorporate into a site. Source code in several languages, and plugins for popular blogging and CMS software.
What’s Up CAPTCHA? A CAPTCHA Based On Image Orientation
- Paper by Rich Gossweiler, Maryam Kamvar, and Shumeet Baluja describing an investigation into a new type of CAPTCHA based on asking users to say which way up an image should be. [PDF] (April 01, 2009)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 12:02:46 PM EDT -